MADgeFest - a reminder

Thanks Jon & Dawn :)

Great little videos!

So glad we've got evidence of Andy's entrance!!! :)

Glad you're coming on the next Fest.

Looking forward to it already Henri.

Why did nobody take the goddamn mic out of my hand?!

Cause we were all being entertained too much Duncan. You were a jack of all trades the other night. Sing the theme tune, drum the theme tune...etc. ; )

I really dig the Madgefest 5 video. We get to see her Madgesty jammin'!! Oh, yeah!

Wow looked like an awesome party. I'd say it was a "blast" but I didn't hear any blast beaters blasting? Lovely lot of folks and loved the videos. We should have an international party= so DW forum members from all over should rent a cruise liner (we'd easily fill one) for our own private party to be held somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic-out in international waters where all sorts of debauchery are allowed. Maybe not-it'd probably set sail and never return given this crew.

P.s Madge did the other dog at the farm turn up in the end? Or is it still hanging out with your horses?

Yes, she apparently doesn't do "squeezing through hedges and going very far"!

Why did nobody take the goddamn mic out of my hand?!

Because somebody had to step up to the mic. And you dug right in.

Excellent ! Wish I'd been there. Perhaps next year .....

(Madge - you're GREAT!)

Daisy, if you're not there next time there will be no Fest. End of.

(And it sounded a whole lot better where I was sitting.)

We get to see her Madgesty jammin'!!

Whole lot better than hearing it.

We should have an international party= so DW forum members from all over should rent a cruise liner (we'd easily fill one) for our own private party to be held somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic

We talked about trying to round up DWers to converge on a convenient location. The cruise liner is a FANTASTIC idea, if only we could get somebody to pay for it :/

Daisy, if you're not there next time there will be no Fest. End of.

The August bank holiday is difficult, as we head off for Spain (for three months) at the beginning of September and our last week at home is always frantic. Shame (for me) that it's probably perfect for everyone else !

I'm just going to have to organise myself a bit better for next year. Promise.

I really dig the Madgefest 5 video. We get to see her Madgesty jammin'!! Oh, yeah!

... and I had my first duet with Madge!!! Yay!!

Madge's snare fill is really cool isn't it? I loved it ;)

Then, there's Andy's entrance in the room... Lol! Priceless!

We should have an international party= so DW forum members from all over should rent a cruise liner (we'd easily fill one) for our own private party to be held somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic-out in international waters where all sorts of debauchery are allowed. Maybe not-it'd probably set sail and never return given this crew.

We talked about trying to round up DWers to converge on a convenient location. The cruise liner is a FANTASTIC idea, if only we could get somebody to pay for it :/

Yes, brilliant and terrific idea, if someone here win the lottery, please could you finance this once in a lifetime cruise, could you imagine a cruise liner full of drummers!!! The crew will hate us... :)

Having said that, it would be so cool to have our friends from across the pond in a MADgeFest event, maybe one day.

I'm just going to have to organise myself a bit better for next year. Promise.

We'll hold you to that promise Daisy :)

As you know, the idea of MADgeFest was to meet DW members outside the LDS or the MDS (which is this Sunday coming) because it felt too long before DW friends meet again.

Now you've seen the photos and the videos, which are all about drumming and jammin' together, of course it was a big part of the event and it was real fun to play and watch. But this is only a (important) part of the event.

The best bit was to have a decent conversation with each other or as a group, which is something that we can't do at the drum shows, it's too noisy and many want to see the performances and the drums on display. So it was really nice to be able to chat with everyone, especially on the Sunday where not much drumming took place. It reinforce the friendship.

And of course, making new friends was a big highlight too ;)

The August bank holiday is difficult, as we head off for Spain (for three months) at the beginning of September and our last week at home is always frantic. Shame (for me) that it's probably perfect for everyone else !

There's no reason why it should HAVE to be the bank holiday weekend, Daisy. It just happened to be the date when most people were available.

So it was really nice to be able to chat with everyone, especially on the Sunday where not much drumming took place. It reinforce the friendship.

And of course, making new friends was a big highlight too ;)

^^^ What he say.

Hearing you was part of the beauty as well my dear!

I really like it when people are nice to me! Thank you, chicken :)

Sorry I haven't chimed in here regularly. Partly down to crazy workload, & partly down to embarrassment at my regretful behaviour. Great fun though (while it lasted), & great people :)

Andy, will you please stop? You took time out of your insanely busy schedule when it would have been far more convenient for you to stay at home. Your generosity is legendary - absolutely off the scale - and YOU were the person responsible for getting Ian to play.

Back