Ludwig Vistalite Question

acsunda

Hey guys, been a while since I posted, been focusing on some of my other hobbies lately. But I have a question about Ludwig Vistalites. Obviously, most Vistalites you see are clear/colored acrylic, but I see a few Vistalite kits here and there with white, black, or chrome wraps. My question: is there any noticeable difference in sound between wrapped Vistalites and their clear counterparts? I ask, because I want that Vistalite sound, but the wrapped kits are cheaper.

Quai34

So, there is a vistalite sound? Which is, how? A band I played with had a Tama clear drum kit, not sure you can call it a vistalite, it was ok, but loud, we were playing rock but I was not crazy about the sound...

acsunda

So, there is a vistalite sound? Which is, how? A band I played with had a Tama clear drum kit, not sure you can call it a vistalite, it was ok, but loud, we were playing rock but I was not crazy about the sound...
Yes, I think 70’s Vistas have a distinct sound from their counterparts from the same era.

IBitePrettyHard

I have a 70s Vistalite kit.....they definitely have a unique sound. Loud and open and bombastic, but not annoyingly so. A very pleasing sound that's great for Rock/Country/Blues.

The opaque Black or White Vistas will sound no different than the clear ones. As for a chrome wrap, mayyybe there'd be a difference? But it would be extremely subtle at best, if all the other wrap vs lacquer comparisons are any indication.