Ludwig Student Model ID Help Needed

bodhran

Please let me know if you know this model/year.

It's a chrome over steel black/white badge. Serial #A300332
It came with a Ludwig branded backpack black w/red stitching.

Very clean overall. Needs a new batter head and top knob for strainer, if anyone knows where I can find one.

Snare set is marked, "Made in Taiwan."

Thanks a lot!

Attachments

KamaK

Platinum Member
LM-300. 1980's to 2000-ish. Usually with Mach-style lugs. Is often referred to as a "Rocker's snare" as they also came bundled with the Rockers drum kits.

The lugs, because they are not the Mach style, should be a good indication the year it was made. IIRC, those lugs were used in the 90's.

bodhran

LM-300. 1980's to 2000-ish. Usually with Mach-style lugs. Is often referred to as a "Rocker's snare" as they also came bundled with the Rockers drum kits.

The lugs, because they are not the Mach style, should be a good indication the year it was made. IIRC, those lugs were used in the 90's.
Not sure on the difference between Mach lugs and IIRC lugs. Please educate me.

Can I get a a replacement knob for the throw off anywhere?

Thank you for the information!

KamaK

Platinum Member
Not sure on the difference between Mach lugs and IIRC lugs. Please educate me.
Do a google search on LM300 or Rockers snare and go to the "Image" link. You'll see a couple hundred images of your snare, 90& of which will have the Mach lug styling, 5% will have the smooth/oblique contour styling, a few will have a figure eight contour, and a few will have a tapered faux-bread&butter contour.

IIRC, the knobs were black plastic. I'd measure the diameter and thread gauge, go to Home Depot, and find the least-ugly knob in the cabinetry section that fit. I might even drill and tap that 8-ball keychain I have in the junk drawer upstairs if I were feeling fancy.