Ludwig /Remo

Probably a question for your dealer. When I ordered my Classic Maples back in 2011, I was given a choice of Ludwig heads to be mounted. Since the Ludwig heads are apparently discontinued, you could request that Remos be shipped and see if that's an option.

Try and find a dealer who has a good relationship with Ludwig. I worked with a now-defunct dealer, but he was able to get me info from Ludwig quickly.

I was at my local Ludwig dealer last weekend. I asked about the heads, and he called his Ludwig rep. American sets are coming with remo heads, but the Ludwig heads are not disco'ed yet. They did disco some specialty heads, but the normal sizes are still available.

I was going to stock up on 14" med and heavy for my snares. I might pick up 2 of each just to be safe.

I ordered my new touring kit and specifically requested Ludwig heads... we'll see what happens. :)

Bermuda

My local dealer closed up shop.

I am thinking about buying a hammered Acro. Memphis Drum Shop has one with the new strainer and butt plate. I have also seen a pic of a Black Beauty with the new strainer/butt set up. If they both had Remo heads,it appears Ludwig have repositioned the butt to accommodate the deeper Remo collar.

This would make me very happy.

Back