Ludwig NEUSONIC FAB DIGITAL BLACK OYSTER SE

Green/blue/grey, blue/red/black, yellow/black/orange... many possibilities come to mind. Even Psych Red. :)

Regardless, yours look great.

Oooh, digital Psych Red maybe? ?

So, I saw one of these in person at 2112 in Raleigh NC. Up close, it looks... well, exactly like the pic. :unsure:

I've got mine now and am experimenting with different batters. Evans Reso7 (basically their coated Diplomat) is my reso of choice. Batter is TBD, but I suspect it will be the UV1, or UV2 (which I love on my Club Date SE kit!) I started with G12 clear batters, but I know there are better choices.

Note: I installed the tom mount plate, my preference for my in-town kits.

Obligatory pool pic:

View attachment 90928

The more I see this, the more I love this. I need a kit leave at a rehearsal space. I've downsized and currently I own only a couple of high end kits that I'd be hesitant to leave in a space across town. I've been looking for something that is a "good" kit, but not crazy expensive. This might be the perfect solution. The funky finish is a bonus.

I need a kit leave at a rehearsal space. I've downsized and currently I own only a couple of high end kits that I'd be hesitant to leave in a space across town. I've been looking for something that is a "good" kit, but not crazy expensive

The Fab outfit is a little more expensive than the other finishes - $1299 vs $999 - but I like it the best.

You might find that you like them a lot and want to take them out! :)

Bermuda

The Fab outfit is a little more expensive than the other finishes - $1299 vs $999 - but I like it the best.

You might find that you like them a lot and want to take them out! :)

Bermuda

A little more? I can get the 22/12/14 right now @ GC for $599 (local), but my 10yr old does not like the pale blue paint, he said it looks like his old baby room :D So back to the BreakBeats for him!

Also the Blue is 16" deep, , cant find the 20x14 locally, the new ones are 14, that would fit in his room better. Just can win with these NeuSonics!

Yeah, not a fan of the blue either. The original white and black finishes were nice, but they're discontinued.

GC has a 22/12/14? Hmmm, that's not a stock outfit! I wonder if they swapped the kick or floor tom with another kit? But $599 is below their cost - grab those and put contact paper on them! :)

Yeah, not a fan of the blue either. The original white and black finishes were nice, but they're discontinued.

GC has a 22/12/14? Hmmm, that's not a stock outfit! I wonder if they swapped the kick or floor tom with another kit? But $599 is below their cost - grab those and put contact paper on them! :)
yeah it sounds great, its on clearance. if it had the 20 x 14 , id get it for him and wrap it in dark blue galaxy! i think someone swapped the bass for customer satisfaction.

re the spurs:

If they upgrade them, the drums become more expensive. It wasn't necessary on the Signets - even with mounting toms on the kick - so I'm thinking it's also not necessary on these.

Now that I have my kit and have installed a tom mount plate on the kick, I can state definitively that the spurs are aren't a liability in terms of support or sturdiness. They're actually beefier than the old gullwing and club date (telescoping) spurs we used back in the day, so they're not too lightweight.

Bermuda

That's just the name of the finish, however it's not a digitized Oyster Black. It originated elsewhere, and they decided that it resembles what Oyster Black might look like if digitized.

Now it can be told - the idea came from this video wall in the Charlotte NC airport (concourse A if you happen to go there,) and Uli Salazar saw it during a trip to the factory in Monroe. He thought 'that would make a cool drum finish!' and so it was born!

He's lucky he was there when that image was up, the wall changes images regularly. :)

_charlotteairport.jpg

Well one cant go into a GC anymore, who knows whats "in store" when this is all over.

Contact paper with woodgrain would be nice, but they all have too many scary faces in them o_O

Now it can be told - the idea came from this video wall in the Charlotte NC airport (concourse A if you happen to go there,) and Uli Salazar saw it during a trip to the factory in Monroe. He thought 'that would make a cool drum finish!' and so it was born!

He's lucky he was there when that image was up, the wall changes images regularly. :)

View attachment 91678
I've been there and I've seen this video wall! Now, why was I in Charlotte?

Well I finally upgraded my 10 year olds Breakbeats (from when he was 7), and its not a Neusonic.

I found locally a Ludwig 22x14 Element SE - Cherry/GumWood in Mint condition
This has the orange 60's-70's psychedelic look
has stock tom mount rail, added Ludwig Bass Drum Cymbal mount

New Ludwig 13" Element (original, not evolution) rack tom
New Ludwig 16" Element Evolution floor tom.

TOTAL $332 !! (+ 72 for the bd cymbal mount)

Slapped on some Aquarians on the bass (SK1 , Reg)
Remo Emps on toms, moved stock top pinstripes to the bottom

Too bad Ludwig could not make such a set in the Neusonics, but..

Thing sounds like the Neusonics ! There is something about the Cherrywood in the bass drum interacting with the snare wires and the toms that makes these kits sound so juicy/raspy... Secret Sauce.....

Last edited:
Back