Ludwig NEUSONIC FAB DIGITAL BLACK OYSTER SE

timmdrum

Gold Member
I kinda want to hate this. I kinda... don't hate this. :unsure:1581148887253.png

As a huge fan of 60's oyster black pearl, in my opinion this wrap is not worthy of having "black oyster" in its name. This has quickly become my least favorite finish ever!

It took me a day or two to fall in love with the finish when I got a picture a few months back, but I've been in love with the Neusonics for 2 years. I finally pulled the trigger and ordered this kit!

The finish is supposed to be a limited edition for 2020, unless it becomes wildly popular. And it's not just a pixelated version of the oyster black wrap, but the resulting finish (sorta) had that appearance, hence the name.

I'm asking Ludwig for a matching 12" so I can take them on tour next year. :)

Bermuda

its certainly eye-catching, thats for sure. i dont mind it as its almost futuristic looking

That was my perspective as well. If it didn't have the Oyster in the name, it could be judged on its own. In that regard, it's pretty cool!

Bermuda

It definitely turns me off.

It's a constant reminder to me of what the digital age did to drumming.

I think more of what we did with the digital age and drumming. There are those skeleton looking violins, stand up basses and more. I don't like all of it but let's blame Mr. Moog.

It took me a day or two to fall in love with the finish when I got a picture a few months back, but I've been in love with the Neusonics for 2 years. I finally pulled the trigger and ordered this kit!

The finish is supposed to be a limited edition for 2020, unless it becomes wildly popular. And it's not just a pixelated version of the oyster black wrap, but the resulting finish (sorta) had that appearance, hence the name.

I'm asking Ludwig for a matching 12" so I can take them on tour next year. :)

Bermuda

I still plan on coming out to see your next tour despite my dislike of the new finish. Heck, maybe I'll change my mind after seeing it in person. :)

I don't hate it either. It's a nice change of pace from all the usual finishes and has a techy look without being too obvious. Wouldn't mind having this finish to offset my other kits.

It might be a nice conversation starter too!

Is it shiny or mat ?

I love the Neusonics as well but the one thing I do not love is the bass drum feet/spurs. I wish Ludwig outfitted them with Rocker spurs or the ones on Classic Maples (not sure if the same as Rockers).

wonder if more people would like it if it was glossy and didn’t feel like a Formica kitchen counter?

That finish will outlive all of us!

I'm glad it's not black digital camo. It makes me think of spin and puke amusement park rides though. I can't handle those rides. Staring at these drums might have some negative effects. Especially under a fogged out strobe light. Honestly I don't hate the finish, but I can't really look at it for too long either.

Honestly I don't hate the finish, but I can't really look at it for too long either.

When you're behind the kit, you're not going to see much of it anyway. :oops:

Back