Ludwig mini-classic lugs; no longer offered on maple snares

RogerLudwig

I ordered a Ludwig LS403WM (a 6.5x14 maple snare) a couple of weeks ago. After a whole lot of agony, I finally decided to order it with mini-classic lugs instead of the classic "bowtie" lugs. The catalog and the Classic Maple Configuration sheet both show that you can order the maple snares with the mini lugs.

So yesterday the store calls to say that Ludwig no longer installs the mini-classics lugs on maple snares; and they can't seem to get a reason from Ludwig as to why they stopped.

Anyone out there have a clue why we can't get the mini-classic lugs on maple snares 6" or deeper anymore?

PS: the store has one of Ringo's Ludwig snares from the All-Star Band: classic maple, 6.5x14, and mini-classic lugs! that's what sold me on the look.

RogerLudwig

All's well that ends well.

It turned out to be a misunderstanding. When my local dealer, Ontario Music, found out that, indeed, Ludwig will still put mini-classic lugs on the LS403, they immediately ordered another snare for me. It came about a week ago. They got the old one and I got the new one. They couldn't have been more gracious and helpful.

Not that I don't like Classic lugs, but I like the Mini's better on this sheIll

Attachments

Chazz

well Roger, I'm glad it worked out for you!
Yep, it sure Looks Beautiful with the mini-lugs...
Now are you going to to have a 30 snare drum addition wall? LOL

:^)

"You still have the Hammered 400?"

Best,
Chazz

TTNW

Pioneer Member
Beautiful. It is a great choice. The mini lugs look great.

It's similar to the way some of Gretsch's drum look better with the mini lugs rather than the normal full size ones.

Very classy.

RogerLudwig

Beautiful. It is a great choice. The mini lugs look great.

It's similar to the way some of Gretsch's drum look better with the mini lugs rather than the normal full size ones.
Yea, Gretsch has some great looking snares. In fact, seeing Gretsch snares in catalogues and magazines was part of what sold me on look.