Ludwig heads?

fess

Last year, I picked up a new 5 piece set of Ludwig Legacy Mahoganys. The heads are labeled as Ludwig Weatherking Heavy. I've heard that Ludwig has not made tom heads for a while and I don't see them for sale anywhere.
Are these rebranded Remos? What current Remo head would be a replacement? I really like these heads
Thanks

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
Ludwig stopped offering (most) of their own heads starting in 2016/17. They continue to make 12-14" snare batters & resos, timpani heads, and concert bass drum heads.

If you have Ludwig Remo heads, they would say Remo on there somewhere.

Bermuda

fess

They don't say Remo anywhere. Just Ludwig weathermaster Heavy with patent pending #.
I got a good deal on these, so they may have been sitting around for a while. They are a 10, 12,14 &16.
What would be the equivalent of a Weathermaster heavy? I assume a 2 ply coated Remo Emperor?

Winston_Wolf

Platinum Member
They don't say Remo anywhere. Just Ludwig weathermaster Heavy with patent pending #.
I got a good deal on these, so they may have been sitting around for a while. They are a 10, 12,14 &16.
What would be the equivalent of a Weathermaster heavy? I assume a 2 ply coated Remo Emperor?
The Ludwig Heavy is single-ply 10-mil... Remo Ambassador would be the closest comparison.