Ludwig Classic Maple

ilers

Hi all,

I've got a Ludwig classic maple kit that I bought new in 2011. It's a 4-piece kit with a matching snare and the dimensions are 13"x 11" tom, 16"x 16" floor tom, 24"x 18" bass drum and a 14"x 8" snare. The color is charcoal shadow.

Now my question is, how much could this set be worth these days? There are some small dings on the bass drum but overall the drums are in pretty good condition.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Used drum pricing is very subjective and Classic Maples are extremely common*. I'd guess US$750-1250, drums only. Hardware adds a bit more. On ebay, the price could certainly go higher with two motivated bidders.

Pictures always help to establish desirability. :)

Bermuda

* In the USA, just noticed you're from Finland! Not sure how the market is there for Ludwig.

Yup, I have no idea of the drum market in Finland. In the US, I'd guess around $750-ish. The good points are the matching snare and the traditional tom sizes. However, to me what may make it more difficult to sell would be the 24 x 18 kick drum. 24 x 14 kicks seem to be more desirable.

I just sold a 3 piece Classic Maple on Reverb for $1,100 that was mint condition. 20x14 kick. Your kit is a lot bigger with that 24x18 kick so that will be harder to sell and a monster to ship. Shipping could cost you over $100 just for kick alone. If you sell locally you might get $1,300 for it. The snare is worth $300 by itself. I'd sell snare by itself and kit as a 3 piece for $1,100 and see if anyone buys. Best hope is a local sale of kit to avoid huge costs with shipping. No one's gonna pay $1,300 for kit plus $300 shipping. If you sell entire 4 piece as kit for $1,300 you'll spend $300 shipping it.

Reactions: TJK
In France, closer then to the Finland market, these kind of kit should sell around 1500 euros. Pictures should help. Are they long lugs ?

Last edited:
I just sold a 3 piece Classic Maple on Reverb for $1,100 that was mint condition. 20x14 kick. Your kit is a lot bigger with that 24x18 kick so that will be harder to sell and a monster to ship. Shipping could cost you over $100 just for kick alone. If you sell locally you might get $1,300 for it. The snare is worth $300 by itself. I'd sell snare by itself and kit as a 3 piece for $1,100 and see if anyone buys. Best hope is a local sale of kit to avoid huge costs with shipping. No one's gonna pay $1,300 for kit plus $300 shipping. If you sell entire 4 piece as kit for $1,300 you'll spend $300 shipping it.

Agree that I’d sell the snare separately. Lots of folks already have a preferred snare and, as a result, are looking for a kit minus the snare. Or are in the market for only the snare.

Back