Ludwig classic long lugs value ?

Tamaefx

Silver Member
Hello guys,
I'd like a little bit of advise on this.
I have an offer for a Ludwig classic maple long lugs, possibly from 1994 1995.
Deep toms : 22x16 12x11 13x12 16x16.
See through colour and modular hardware (no rims).
the kit seems in good shape and those are pretty rare in France. It's quite a beautiful set, possibly heavy and possibly a pain because of the long toms.

How much does it worth in dollars or euro.
Looking forward to your help.
Thx.

Tamaefx

Silver Member
You're right

kit-ludwig-super.jpg

kit-ludwig-super-2012217.jpg

kit-ludwig-super-2012220.jpg

Ps : nice to see the nice Avatar back ;-)

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
Hard to say because different era Ludwigs mean different things to different people. The Modular era isn't so popular (I think). I look at that era as Ludwig playing catch-up with what was beginning to come out from Japan in the early 80s. It was very good hardware and a lot of it is still being used today, but it is a bit on the heavy side - almost too much of a good thing if you look at what Rogers was producing with the Memriloc system at the same time.

Some guys like the long lugs, others don't, and it might be a strike against the kit because they're power toms. So I would think your target audience would be someone looking for a retro-80s vibe. But you definitely have to find someone who thinks it's worth what you want for it - if you ask for too much (I'm thinking in that +$1200 range), potential buyers would look at what they could get new for not much more than that.

Ludwig is a classic name though. I'd keep them and play them if you can.

incrementalg

Gold Member
I'd say $500 to $650 US. I've seen a couple of similar kits local to me in that ballpark. The tom sizes will limit the tuning range.

PorkPieGuy

Platinum Member
Deep toms, long lugs, and that mounting system make them less favorable in my area. I'm sure those are great shells though.

Tamaefx

Silver Member
Thank you all for your answers.
It's not a kit I wanna sell ; somebody would sell it to me at what seems to be a good price, but since those kits are rare by there, I don't have any idea of the value.
I don't need a new kit, but I kind of like Ludwig too (even if standard tom, or at least a 10" would be better to me).
I Just wanted to know approx. at what price it would be considered as nice bargain :)