Ludwig Baseball Bat Installation Location on Snare Drum

So this is a "Whisky Era" Ludwig then. I get it now. That's not a Keystone badge, it's a Flask badge.
Haha! So, based on that... what would you do? Would you correct the mistake and put the bat on the correct side? What do you think Bertram would want me to do?

This is fascinating! I'm glad I posted this - it's bringing out such interesting stories!

spelman

Haha! So, based on that... what would you do? Would you correct the mistake and put the bat on the correct side? What do you think Bertram would want me to do?

This is fascinating! I'm glad I posted this - it's bringing out such interesting stories!
You do realize that the "Bertram"-story was a joke?

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member

If it was me, I would use the dowels holes. They have the correct spacing already. They have the correct diameter already. Even if this drum is wrong from the factory, drilling new holes and putting it in the correct location probably wont help its value because it will then still have doweled holes. Original is incorrect, and correct is wrong for this particular drum. It's an oddity, I'd keep it that way personally.

If it was me, I would use the dowels holes. They have the correct spacing already. They have the correct diameter already. Even if this drum is wrong from the factory, drilling new holes and putting it in the correct location probably wont help its value because it will then still have doweled holes. Original is incorrect, and correct is wrong for this particular drum. It's an oddity, I'd keep it that way personally.
Thanks!
FYI: I'll never sell it... or at least have no plans to unless I get hood-winked somehow (which based on my gullibleness... could happen). haha