Ludwig 6.5x14 Blacrolite vs 6.5x14 Supraphonic

PS: this also begs the question, "Is the brass supraphonic identical to the BB except for the coating?".

YES. It is.

I just ordered a 6.5 Acro.
I was going to put tube lugs on it, but I decided to leave the lugs as they are. I like the lugs it has
I have tubes, so if I decide sometime to do it I can. I do have a P-86 Millennium strainer waiting for it though.

I put the wood shell "bow tie style" lugs on my Red sparkle snare, it looks real cool to me with them. It only cost around 70 bucks so what the heck, and I like them better than the tubes on that particular drum.
They used to have that lug standard, but changed it to the bigger fat ugly one on 6.5's and for the 8x14. Uck.

Here's the 6.5 Hammered Chrome I own.

HammeredChrome.jpg

Hammered Chrome with my newly re-done Silver Sparkle (Sparkle Brite) long lugs:

P4090014.jpg

Black Galaxy Acrolite: can't wait to get it!!

65acro.jpg

Sweet drums, Karl. The re-finished Luds look incredible! Silver sparkle is definitely my favorite sparkle finish.

Thanks, I have to do a before/after thread in the "your gear" section. I've just been busy.

Go SUPRA...what ever the model!!!!

"Go SUPRA...what ever the model!!!! "

Here Here! (My avatar is my witness)

I just saw this one in Ontario Music today, and I think this is the one I'm in love with now.

LB402BBTWM A brass shell like the BB, but chrome plated. Sweet.

Attachments

• Ludwig LB402BBTWM.jpg
    Ludwig LB402BBTWM.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 2,315
That's the brass on brass drum...it's a Black Beauty with Brass plated hardware.....sorry to spoil your love affair.... :-(

I'm sure you could still be friends though!

JB. the 6.5 Hammered Bronze w/tubes is one of the coolest snares ever.

That's the brass on brass drum...it's a Black Beauty with Brass plated hardware.....sorry to spoil your love affair.... :-(.

It's a little confusing. In the store and on-line they advertise the LB402 as a brass supraphonic, but the model number is part BB series (LB) and part 400 Supra series (402). Am I correct in looking at this as simply a BB with chrome rather than nickle plating?

WAAAAIIIITTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was wrong!
It IS a Chrome plated Brass shell.
LB402BBTWM.
You and they are right on the model. I am wrong.

Hmmmm.....That does look like a cool drum..... great, thanks a lot...another one to put on the list....will this never end?...

Vintage Acrolite. If you really want to Black Galaxy, you can just get a USED one then, since that finish came out a little later.

But seriously check out eBay for Acrolites... They'll be just as good, and SO much cheaper.
Hell, I got my 5 x 14 for something like 120-130...

And I just saw an acrolite sell the other day on Ebay for a total of $69 shipping and all!!! DEAL to say the least.

WAAAAIIIITTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was wrong!
It IS a Chrome plated Brass shell.
LB402BBTWM.
You and they are right on the model. I am wrong.

Hmmmm.....That does look like a cool drum..... great, thanks a lot...another one to put on the list....will this never end?...

Well, you still have the cheap ol' Gold Triumphal version too. You might have to sell a few drumsets to buy that one though.

Man I wish that chrome over brass was offered in 5x14 !! If they start making that size drum, it will take place on my list above a Black Beauty.

Of course, you can always go for the LB402BT, another COB 400 series Supra

And Jeremy Bender, they make a LB400BT as well COB

Attachments

• LB402BT.JPG
    LB402BT.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 2,061
  • LB400BT.jpg
    LB400BT.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 1,829
Back