Ludwig 400 sound test with music

The drum sounded somewhat boxy to me. Where did you have it tune to? It sounded sort of medium-low. Most importantly, what happened to all those wonderful overtones that Supra's are famous for?

It didn't sound anything like mine.

The drum sounded somewhat boxy to me.

It almost sounded like it was eaten by the youtube monster (360p hi-cut filter and compression). It sounded like the overtone was present with the top half cut off. Could have been the mics/pre/mixing, but yeah, it wasn't all there.

It's not a bad sound, but not very representative of what the drum can sound like.

Bermuda

They can sound good tuned several different ways. That's why they have been so popular for so long.

Not the best recording, which is why I never rely on one clip to make a decision. Hearing one live is best. A killer drum.

It's not a bad sound, but not very representative of what the drum can sound like.

Bermuda

+1.The LM400 can sound just about anyway you want it to.Boxy isn't bad,it's just......well boxy,and in some situations,that can be a good thing.Depending on tuning,snare wires and head combinations,the possibilities are almost limitless.

Steve B

Sounded to me like the batter head muffle was too tight. It had no ring to it.

Back