Ludwig 2018 Wrap Changes

OldReliable

Hey guys,

I was looking at the newly updated Ludwig Custom Order Guide, and a few wraps seem to be disappearing. According to the guide, they’ve only got limited supply left, so get them while you still can! There’s a few new wraps aswell, which I’ll list. Here’s the link to the guide:

https://ludwig-drums.com/application/files/1815/2468/3544/2018_Ludwig_Config_Guide.xlsm

The finishes being discontinued are:
- Champagne Sparkle
- Jumbo Black Pearl
- Jumbo White Pearl
- Ruby Strata
- Salmon Pearl
- ShamPayne
- Silver Glass Glitter
- Silver Mist Sparkle
- Sunset Diamond Pearl
- Teal Sparkle
- White Glass Glitter
- Yellow Glitter

The new finishes for 2018 are:
- Mod Orange
- Olive Pearl
- Olive Oyster
- Pink Glitter
- Blue/Olive Oyster Pearl!

Apparently they’re reintroducing Blue/Olive Oyster again, but I haven’t found anything about it other than this guide which was written on April 9th, 2018. Maybe they haven’t announced it yet?

OldReliable

what's it with the Orange that Ludwig keeps hanging on to? I guess the color must sell....I'm just not into it

While this isn't wrap related, it also seems like they removed the rail consolette mount from the configurator. Which sucks because the Atlas rail mount looks far too big and clunky.

I've heard that true champagne sparkle is getting more and more rare due to copper being in the original sparkle material.

I love that finish.

I didn’t realize they removed the consolette! I wonder if you supplied them with one of the reproduction ones from Steve Maxwell, if they’d put it on for you. Also, with the price and rarity of copper now I’m not too surprised that they discontinued the finish. That’s one of my favorites aswell.

Back