Ludwig “bonham” classic maple set up

Nice!!! How did it fit next to a 26”?

No clue. Both of mine were a part of another famous British drummer's kit...using a much smaller bass drum. :)

Duke-1.jpg

PC3.jpg

Given the choice 15x12 or 14x10 I just don’t want the rack sitting too high
Get the kit. If the 15” sits too high, order the 14” tom and put the 15” to the left of your hi hat. Then do your best to make the 15” sound like a tympani. That would be VERY Bonham!

And don't forget a gong.

View attachment 109904
If you get the gong, then you need the timpani too 😁

Screen Shot 2021-10-31 at 10.22.07 AM.png

Since high school I’ve dreamed of a Ludwig gold sparkle bonham kit!!!

The Legacy is almost $1.5-2k more (!) but I think it is worth it. They have a hog version too, but the maple would be preferred, it sounded fantastic. The outfitter approach would be fun, I'd opt for club date style lugs w/ the maple legacy shell.

BTW, why is there a white interior to the CMs on some of these kits? New feature?

They have the gold sparkle here, I like the mondo look myself. https://www.drumcenternh.com/ludwig-classic-maple-4-piece-mondo-drum-set-gold-sparkle

If you get the gong, then you need the timpani too 😁

View attachment 109943

The Legacy is almost $1.5-2k more (!) but I think it is worth it. They have a hog version too, but the maple would be preferred, it sounded fantastic. The outfitter approach would be fun, I'd opt for club date style lugs w/ the maple legacy shell.

BTW, why is there a white interior to the CMs on some of these kits? New feature?

They have the gold sparkle here, I like the mondo look myself. https://www.drumcenternh.com/ludwig-classic-maple-4-piece-mondo-drum-set-gold-sparkle
That’s the one I’m ordering 🤣🤣 I’m just not sure about the mondo rack Tom! I think the white shell interior is part of new construction process..like the legacy but the price ouch!!!

That’s the one I’m ordering 🤣🤣 I’m just not sure about the mondo rack Tom! I think the white shell interior is part of new construction process..like the legacy but the price ouch!!!
Sweet! Look forward to seeing more pictures, the long tensions rods look great and probably sound favorably for a kit like this.

The height of 15 w/ 26 is hard to judge without physically testing out but Bonzo did it though i'm not sure how big of a guy he was....not for those who like to sit low, lol. It could get mounted but probably easiest with a RIM w/ stand which is even more flexible to get towards center. With the long Ts, no Atlas mount option I don't thing :unsure: ....there are probably a couple options depending on what you want. INDe mounts may work too.

Given the choice 15x12 or 14x10 I just don’t want the rack sitting too high

For me, either one would sit too high.
But whichever one you end up getting, you'll eventually adapt to it.

If you want big, honkin' drums all around, I'd say go with the 15.
If you want something a bit easier to reach, go with the 14.

Bonzo did it though i'm not sure how big of a guy he was ....
5' 10"
That’s the one I’m ordering 🤣🤣 I’m just not sure about the mondo rack Tom!
Rack tom position/height, of course, depends on if you want your tom above/on your bass drum ..... or next to it. I like my rack tom batter just inches above my snare height ..... so I'm willing to travel the extra distance from rack tom to floor tom, in order to keep my drums low, when sticking to the more "traditional" setup.

With my Slingerland Magnum kit, my rack toms are square (10x10. 12x12. 13x13). Getting them low ..... I shifted the bass drum left and use a lefty bass pedal (my dominant right foot plays the slave). Abe Laboriel Jr. style.

Attachments

• 15 a.jpg
    15 a.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 15 b.jpg
    15 b.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 9
Back