Low Volume Easily Transportable Kit. (Pearl Compact Traveller, 10” Tama snare, Zildjian Low Volume cymbals)

madhermit

I’ve pieced together a very compact kit that travels easily (3 bags) and is a good low volume set up. It is essentially some Zildjian L80 hats and ride, with a Pearl traveller kit. Plays nicely with unplugged acoustic guitars. Here’s the set up.

Pearl 20” Compact Traveller kick drum. Aquarian Superkick II head. Wool beater.
Tama 10” SLP maple snare hangs off the kick. Has an Aquarian Studio Ring on it that lowers the pitch pretty well.
Pearl 14” Compact Traveller Tom that hangs on a ride cymbal stand.
Zildjian Low Volume 14” hats and hat stand
Zildjian Low Volume 18” ride
Drum throne
I use Cool Rods or 7A sticks.

It all packs in a cymbal case (cymbals, kick, tom), a large Milwaukee tool bag (hardware), and a 10” snare bag.

I LOVE the way the hats play. Great feel and a nice soft sound. I really wanted to use the 16” Low Volume crash, but to me it just sounds awful. I use the ride as a crash/ride and I prefer it much more.

Just thought I'd share a rig I enjoy for low volume jamming.

johnwesley

Silver Member
Travelin' light for sure. Ever get one of those micro houses people are into now, you'll have a place to set her up and still have room for a loft bed, stand up shower/toilet and a microwave. WOW!!!

madhermit

Travelin' light for sure. Ever get one of those micro houses people are into now, you'll have a place to set her up and still have room for a loft bed, stand up shower/toilet and a microwave. WOW!!!
Small bungalow, but no micro house. 😁 I live in Ontario, Canada, where there are lots of cottages. This makes for a great acoustic jam kit that isn’t so loud it keeps the bears up. I often set it up in a garage for music nights. I am not a fan of playing with brushes, so this lets me get my yayas out without being obnoxious.

It also makes a good practice kit.