Love new Eliminator...but it's missing a cam!

Devils Haircut

Just bought a Pearl Eliminator today and all I can say is WOW! Here is my "pedal history": My first kit in the mid 90's was a Yamaha Stage Custom (before they were birch) and I played the stock basic yamaha pedal. Then I bought an Iron Cobra and loved it. Wanted a double pedal so I bought a DW 5000 and hated it. I then took a 4 year break from the drums when I started a family. This May I bought a set of Custom Classics and have been playing the pedal that came with the kit. It looks like a high quality pedal but doesn't perform like it. I would have to say that my new Pearl is my absolute favorite of the bunch!

BUT............... For whatever reason, it is missing the black cam. It actually had no cam installed when I bought it new at my local shop. I installed the blue cam and love it, but I'm going to have to go back to the shop tomorrow and see if they will order the black cam for me. I want it, and I paid 20 bucks more than the online price because I believe in supporting my local shop. We'll see what happens I guess.

I've got a set of Eliminator Double pedals and they came with the blue cam, red, black and white.

I believe I got them on amazon..as I do most things.

Glad you like them! The customization is amazing.

I've got a set of Eliminator Double pedals and they came with the blue cam, red, black and white.

I believe I got them on amazon..as I do most things.

Glad you like them! The customization is amazing.

Yeah well I assume that the black one is supposed to be installed on the pedal from the factory. Mine was cam-less. My guess is either it slipped out of the factory that way (not likely), or it got lost or stolen in the store.

When I got mine the black was installed by default. It sounds like the store should replace it at their cost or give you a discount on the pedal since it wasn't complete.

When I bought my Eliminater Double pedal set not only did it have the black, red, white and blue, but it also came with bonus yellow and purple cams. I bought mine online a couple of years ago. These days I tend to use my single eliminater the most.

That sucks. Some one coming in the store probably lifted it. They just don't fall off, you have to take them off.

The Black cam is nice, and I tried them all (B,W,B,R) when I got the first one and I LOVE the RED cam. They didn't even have the Yellow and Purple cams yet

Hadn't taken the Red cam off the 3 Elims I have in eons.
A week or so ago I tried the Black one because I figured, maybe I should try something new.
When I'm in the shop playing with the pedals (standing up), the Black one feels great, but after a song or two, nope, it's the Red one that's best for my foot.

Of all the pedals I've owned and tried, the Eliminator has been the best one for me.
Iron Cobra Flexi is second, OLD DW 5000 Strap is third.

Good luck with getting the Black cam!

Went to the shop today. The drum guy has the unused black cam from his eliminator and if he finds it tomorrow he's just going to give me that one... I'm cool with that. If he can't find it then he'll order me one. He also offered to buy my kit and offered to sell me his DW's at a great price. Now who wants to lend me some cash???

Great choice on the Pearl's....You'll love them.

Definitely don't pay for the cam....you're supposed to get all four cams, a drumkey, and allen wrenches when you buy them....so don't pay for something you're supposed to get! ;)

-J

My favorite pedal is my nylon strap eliminator with the red cam, awesome awesome awesome. Feels great and its built like a tank! My only gripe is that the beater is a bit heavy, but i've tried it with a lighter beater and its perfect! ordered one for myself so now it'll be just fine, anyway...great pedal, congrats!

My favorite pedal is my nylon strap eliminator with the red cam, awesome awesome awesome. Feels great and its built like a tank! My only gripe is that the beater is a bit heavy, but i've tried it with a lighter beater and its perfect! ordered one for myself so now it'll be just fine, anyway...great pedal, congrats!

What beater did you end up going with? I've been looking for a lighter one. Not a huge fan of the stock 4-way

And how is the feel different between the strap and the chain? I've got the chain-Eliminator, but I'd like to experience the nylon.

Thanks

Back