Love my new to me B.O.A. Set!

TheDrummerFromAmsterdam

Platinum Member
Fell in love with the system after finding a single pedal locally for a steal three weeks ago.

DE1C4208-C3EC-4F70-96FE-291BDDB94BBF.jpeg

A week after that I found a set of the double pedal and hh stand too.

ABCA0B96-E060-4D4C-B728-C0E38225590C.jpeg

The doubles will he converted to lefty.

Impossible with the 9000 and MDD, but very possible with the PDP BOA because of how it was build and with some tech knowledge.
Impossible with the 9000 and MDD, but very possible with the PDP BOA because of how it was build and with some tech knowledge.

Also all of these also had cost me less than the one single used MDD pedal I had before.

I do use my own round wooden beaters as that still gives me the best sound and over all feel.

048F435F-B9DF-403E-87BD-453CC70B3297.jpeg

The cool thing is that the slave is a single pedal too, so I have basically three single pedals ?

31BCADC5-6E62-4622-BB60-AA83EE82E752.jpeg

If someone has the practice model for sale, I would love to buy it.

Im now in the process of getting this Trick v6 shaft for it.

As this double model has a regular shaft, and the first run came with a Trick like shaft (now found on the MDD and MCD models).

1607866004373.png

I have not seen a black V6 shaft before. It matches great with the black look of the pedal.

Nice!!
PDP is legit in the durability world & these pedals look like a great find!
That Trick shaft should do you wonders!

Never knew about these. Bow Activated. See video if it works.

B.O.A: Bow Oriented Action.

So does the footboard flex and cause a "spring" up movement? How is the no-spring upward action accomplished?
Thanks. Looks great.

HellYeah!! PDP's are legit & with that Trick shaft, you're SET!!

Yes the footboard flexes so it mimics the spring both in up and down motion.

I didn't expect it to work this good. Im going back to Yamaha but these will stay together with a light Crosstown set.
Did DW use this design for their direct drive pedals? They sure look similar, except for the price...ouch! I'll stick with my 5000's.

I remember reading the review of these in Modern Drummer when they came out and they got super high ratings. I heard internet rumors that they were discontinued because they were smoother than 9000's, but in reality they probably just didn't sell well because of the PDP branding. I'd love to try some one day.

Back