Lost gear...sigh

oldskoolsoul

Silver Member
..I had to play a show this weekend where the group I was with was headlining. The drummer INSISTED I use his kit. I do my best to be easy-going and easy-to-get-along-with, so I agreed. I play on about 3-4 different drum sets a week, so it's no big deal to play on a set that's not mine. Long story short, the other drummer turned out to be a HUGE prick for a plethora of reasons. By the time it was our group's turn to play, I had just about had enough of this guy. When I played his kit, I freakin' murdered his heads on his toms. When I got finished, it was dimple-city..

Lets see..

A guy lets you use (or insists, not relevant) his drum set..

Then, as time passes, for whatever reason (also not relevant) you start to dislike this guy a lot and to express those feelings you smash his drumheads into garbage..

Not very mature in my opinion and i can assure you that, if those would have been my drumheads, you would have paid for them..

Whether you would have liked me or not..:)

ineedaclutch

Platinum Member
Can I get an "Amen!" and a "Hallelujah!"?...

By the time it was our group's turn to play, I had just about had enough of this guy. When I played his kit, I freakin' murdered his heads on his toms. When I got finished, it was dimple-city. Even though I hit a little hard, I received lots of great feedback from the audience on my playing.

I played at a church about a month or so ago for a special service, ...
What's that now?

PorkPieGuy

Platinum Member
Lets see..

A guy lets you use (or insists, not relevant) his drum set..

Then, as time passes, for whatever reason (also not relevant) you start to dislike this guy a lot and to express those feelings you smash his drumheads into garbage..

Not very mature in my opinion and i can assure you that, if those would have been my drumheads, you would have paid for them..

Whether you would have liked me or not..:)
Sorry, I got my timeline screwy. He really screwed with not only me but my team as well. There were a variety of things that led up to this event, and by this point my team and I had had enough. Maybe I was wrong.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
I'm sorry to hear of this Larry - always a disappointment (both in yourself for having a brain fart, but especially a lack of honesty in someone not handing it in for collection). I've had gear stolen on more than one occasion, probably by other so called musicians, & that's a real kicker :(

Captain Bash

Silver Member
Larry,
Ohh that’s really annoying, good luck recovering your pedal, at least you have backup. I am pretty sure all regular giging drummers have left something behind at some point. As you state this usually happens when our routine is broken. Don’t beat yourself up over it, bound to happen at some point, at least it wasn’t your snare or cymbal case.