Looks like I get a vacation!

Our state government over here has declared a "State of Emergency".

Our supermarkets are now not only empty of toilet paper.....but now pasta (yuck), tinned food, meats etc etc are now empty.

So now those mung-beans who fought in the shopping centers for toilet paper are now gonna be CRAZY for food.

The Mormon's have got it right......the ultimate preppers.

I might just join up with them and become a Mormon now ???

Wow I forgot it's St Patrick's day. Happy St. Patrick's Day. We can party by Skype. 17342744_428843974126786_1517926709397983760_n.jpg

Forgot to mention. Last Friday, I tried Walmart's online order tool with a scheduled pickup at their closest store. The order went through fine but early the next day got an email saying:
"Due to an unforeseen issue, your local store is temporarily unable to fulfill online grocery orders, so we had to cancel. So sorry for the inconvenience."

So looks like the food shortage is starting to happen. At least here in Oregon.

My wife and daughter are both in store shoppers for Instacart. They work at different stores. They both have said TP, hand sanitizer, Lysol, paper towels, napkins, water, and meat have been stripped from the stores they work at. Store hours have been shortened, certain items have limits on them, and TP can only be gotten at the customer service desk when they have it. Every 30 minutes the employees have to stop and disinfect their areas. It's crazy.

The toilet paper thing is the weirdest one. I mean, push comes to shove, you're in your own bathroom, you can find ways to get by without that. I think the problem is that, once people start emptying shelves of stuff, everyone else hears about it and then worries they better buy some now before they can't anymore. So the initial hoarders create a chain reaction that trickles down to even the rational people.

Back