Looking to Purchase a Hand-Held Recorder

chris_drb

I am looking to buy a hand held recorder to record my band practices with, nothing with too many gadgets. Just a simple record and play with good sound. Any recommendations?

xopethx

Another vote for the Edirol R-09HR - incredibly high quality (higher quality than most people even need), with every option you could want.

I got mine from Sweetwater for about 375, you can find them on eBay for around 320 or so.

just read some reviews and listen to sound samples :) i found a wonderful site with clips of each recorder just by looking on Google.

Deathmetalconga

Platinum Member
I got a Yamaha pocketrack a few months ago and it's the greatest. Just set it down somewhere and turn it on and the mics are incredibly sensitive. It also doubles as a good mp3 player.

timewasted

I'm with those who have suggested the Zoom H2. I've had mine for about 2 months now and LOVE it. I take it everywhere, sometimes just to get random sounds that I might want to use in compositions.

Mostly I use it to record practices, since I can pick up full 360 sound in the room. Did I mention that I love it?