Looking for some advice..

peetzo

Hey all, Ive been away from drums for about 8 years I was doin vocals but wanna get back into it. I previously had a really nice and pretty expensive sonor mid range set with paiste signature cymbals. But now I dont really have much of a clue as to what set to buy. I have a limited budget (about £350). I reckon Im able to get myself a mapex v series fusion(slightly used kit) set (replace remo ux heads with pinstripes). Cymbals are those sabian solar, I was thinkin of only keeping ride and ditching hi hat and crash and Im pretty sure i can pick up a half decent hi hat.splash and crash on ebay ...with stuff im watching at the minute on ebay I reckon I can stay within the £350 mark. So yeah what you people think of kit idea and also any advice on cheap but reasonably decent cymbals???

Thanks in advance!

Daphfz

go for it mate! :) sounds like a good plan, and a very do-able one :). good luck :). lol this just goes to show... once a drummer, always a drummer :)

peetzo

Ok some opinions...a pdp cx series set(a used shell pack goin for maybe £350) compared to a well tuned mapex v series set...I mean I know the pdp is gonna be way superior , but ...are we talking a whole different level altogether or could the mapex kit with some nice heads and correct tuning do a good job,(and of course save me alot of money) ...what yas think??
oh and thanks for comments guys, its really appreciated!

peetzo

So after 2 weeks of searching for a bargain , I got myself a 6 piece sonor 2005 full birch set, and now Im trying to do the same with cymbals...so far I got an XS20 crash and a ZXT ride and hats....just need another crash, splash and perhaps a china and I have done it ...and its looking as though I am coming in under the £500 mark for the lot...the drums are like new btw and the sound is unbelievable!!....to think I was gonna buy a new 5 piece mapex v kit and paiste pst 3 cymbals and was gonna have to pay more....EBAY is your friend people.....and Im back drumming after an eight year lay off...yeeeehaaaaa!!!!

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
Welcome back Peetzo. Congratulations on the nice score. However there's a problem...
There's a charge for leaving and coming back....unless you got your hand stamped or had to serve.

JK good to have you back