Looking for new Cymbals on ebay, Opinions for the prices ?

Eyass

Hello Drummers of mother earth,

I have been addicted to ebay, looking for auctions on good Cymbals and hihats.

Its been hatd for me to estimate whats a bad, good and great price.

So i was able to get an AAx Sabian 10" splash for 50 euros

And a sonor Gtpr3 double pedal with twin effect for 375 euros, Opinions?

I have the istanbul agob Xist cymbal pack (the old Version).
And they are fine, mid range thin cymbals i would say. at least better then the starters cymbals,
But their sound is starting to feel so Imprecise and bright

Right now am looking for a new Hihat.
On ebay there is this offer for 13" byzance traditional medium hihats for 160€, is it wrorth?
And another for AAx sabian 14" hihat for 180€

Also what is a good/great price for Zildjian K dark customs hihats? And zildjian A customs hihat.

This my first Post and I am excited to connect with all of you.

Last edited:
If ever there was an "inexact" science ..... it's pricing used cymbals.;)

Meinl's are "all the rage" right now ..... so I think 160€ is a good price for those hi hats. My basic "rule of thumb" is $10 an inch. And like I said ..... this is not an exact science. But at $10 an inch, the lower the price I get, the better the deal. The higher the price from that .... not such a good deal.

A lot of factors affect cost however ..... supply/demand being a big one. Popular cymbals, in high demand, get higher prices. Cymbals that are no longer made, sometimes fetch really higher prices. And if you really, really, really want a particular cymbal, sometimes you just have to open up the ol' wallet and pay up. Otherwise, you just see cymbal after cymbal get bought out from you.

A Custom hi hats are gonna be a lot cheaper that K's. There's just a lot more of them out there, on the used market.

And welcome to Drummerworld.

If ever there was an "inexact" science ..... it's pricing used cymbals.;)

Meinl's are "all the rage" right now ..... so I think 160€ is a good price for those hi hats. My basic "rule of thumb" is $10 an inch. And like I said ..... this is not an exact science. But at $10 an inch, the lower the price I get, the better the deal. The higher the price from that .... not such a good deal.

A lot of factors affect cost however ..... supply/demand being a big one. Popular cymbals, in high demand, get higher prices. Cymbals that are no longer made, sometimes fetch really higher prices. And if you really, really, really want a particular cymbal, sometimes you just have to open up the ol' wallet and pay up. Otherwise, you just see cymbal after cymbal get bought out from you.

A Custom hi hats are gonna be a lot cheaper that K's. There's just a lot more of them out there, on the used market.

And welcome to Drummerworld.
Thanks for your replay, I like your "rule of thump" but when it comes to hihats that would double the inches amout right? Because there is pair of them.
So lets say 160 euros for hihats/ 26 inches, its like 6 euros per inch which is a great price.
What I do normally is to compare with the price of a new pair (333 euro) its almost the half of it.

What I do normally is to compare with the price of a new pair (333 euro) its almost the half of it.
If a cymbal is still produced and has no defects, 50% is usually a pretty good deal.
There is also the "Advanced" search function (in the top right of ebay): you can use it to see what other Byzance or A Custom cymbals sold for. That's the best way to find out what they are worth on the market. If you only buy stuff for an average price, there's not too much risk involved. :)

By the way, going for used cymbals seems like a good idea considering the models you mentioned - an AAX and a K Custom Dark hi hat are both good cymbals, but pretty different. So if you're unsure what you like, buying used will make it possible to find out what you like best. Also try some different sticks - for example, maple sticks usually produce a darker sound. The tip shape also has a huge impact.

Thanks for your replay, I like your "rule of thump" but when it comes to hihats that would double the inches amout right? Because there is pair of them.
Hi hats are much harder to pinpoint. And I always include shipping into my cost.
Examples .....

Sabian 14" XSR Monarchs $239 new ...... used $197

Sabian 18" Sick Hats $534 new ...... used $324

Sabian 14" Vanguards $539 new ...... used $210

Generally ...... hats seem to run me in the $200 - $300 dollar range.

Back