Looking for Mapex Saturn IV - Deep Water Ash Burl

BazilII

Hello.

I am looking for some upgrades to my kit, and google seems to fail me. Sadly I bought my kit right before the V kit released and took a 5 year break. Now the stuff I need is not produced anymore, therefor I need to get my hands on some used stuff.

Anyway, does anyone have any pointers where I could start looking? Used sites, facebook groups or forums?

Want I need is a Saturn IV Deep Water Ash Burl 8x7" Tom and a matching 14x5.5" snare drum.

I would also be interested in a 18" floor tom and a 22x20 kick drum.

I live in Norway, this is how desperate I am right now.

Have a good evening!

Keep an eye on Reverb.com. Hopefully any future listings will agree to ship to Norway.

Here's a list of all the SOLD Deep Water Ash Burl drums and kits, to give you an idea of what may become available in the future.
https://reverb.com/marketplace?query=Saturn Deep Water Ash Burl&show_only_sold=true

Of course you'll also want to set up alerts on Ebay with keywords for the drums you're looking for. Even if they don't specifically say they'll ship internationally, I'm sure you could work out a deal with the sellers.

EDIT: It appears that finish is also available in the Saturn V line...keep an eye out for Saturn Vs as well! There might be a close enough match. How does this one compare? https://reverb.com/item/25810767-mapex-saturn-v-8x7-tom-deep-water-maple-burl

Last edited:
Keep an eye on Reverb.com. Hopefully any future listings will agree to ship to Norway.

Here's a list of all the SOLD Deep Water Ash Burl drums and kits, to give you an idea of what may become available in the future.
https://reverb.com/marketplace?query=Saturn Deep Water Ash Burl&show_only_sold=true

Of course you'll also want to set up alerts on Ebay with keywords for the drums you're looking for. Even if they don't specifically say they'll ship internationally, I'm sure you could work out a deal with the sellers.

EDIT: It appears that finish is also available in the Saturn V line...keep an eye out for Saturn Vs as well! I doubt there's any significant difference that would make them feel mismatched.

Thank you very much!
The V series will be my plan B then, it is better than nothing, atleast for the 8".

Thank you very much!
The V series will be my plan B then, it is better than nothing, atleast for the 8".
The Saturn IV Deep Water Ash Burl looks almost identical to the Saturn V Deep Water Maple Burl. You'd never know the difference if someone didn't point out the slightly different grain of the wood.

The Saturn IV Deep Water Ash Burl looks almost identical to the Saturn V Deep Water Maple Burl. You'd never know the difference if someone didn't point out the slightly different grain of the wood.

I see, I guess I always thought there must have been some change to the hardware or something. Maybe Ill just have to get it now, before it is too late : )

I would think that they can reproduce that finish on current model Saturns due to the outer ply being Alpi, and not the actual exotic wood they are calling it. If they still make that finish it should match.
As long as the hardware and badge match, you should be good to go.

Update: Browsing through every search I can think of yields no results. Joined a couple of groups on facebook, anyone have any more suggestions?

Thanks for the interest so far!

Back