Looking for input

steverok

Silver Member
Hi everyone, I asked this question in another topic, but thought I'd post it here as well. I own a set of birch Premier Projector drums with 14x12 and 16x14 lower toms. There is a 14x14 Signia floor tom for sale, in the same color. The drum is of the same construction as mine, thin shell with reinforcement ring, but 2" deeper, in maple. I am considering this drum as an option for my current kit. I am thinking it could produce a bigger sound with more sustain than my 14x12 birch tom. I have always wanted to own a maple kit, but don't really have room for another full set, and I'm thinking this might satisfy my taste for maple. Any input is appreciated.

Well, despite no replies to my post awhile back, I ended up getting this drum. I have to say, of all the recent moves I've made, in terms of drum gear, this is my best acquisition by far. This Signia floor tom gives me everything I was hoping for, and has transformed my drum set from a very good one to a truly great one. It just rocks more, with a bigger bottom tom sound, fueled by the deeper maple shell. I definitely have the best drum set on my block, probably in my zip code, and perhaps in my county. Aside from the badge, it looks like it goes with the kit. Check it out.

PremierwithSignia.jpg

sweet buy! you could also set it up left of your snare, might an interesting option depending on your style of play

They're all blue. With yellow light they all look purple. It does look more blue in this photo, but in person the color is indistinguishable, as far as I can tell. It's a home run on all fronts.

They're all blue. With yellow light they all look purple. It does look more blue in this photo, but in person the color is indistinguishable, as far as I can tell. It's a home run on all fronts.

Makes sense... less light hitting the floor tom in the photo. I thought your kit WAS purple.

Beautiful kit!

Is it me or is Premier not as popular as they were in the 90's? I looked at their artist roster and the only guy I know is Nicko.

It's definitely not you. Phil Selway of Radiohead plays Premier. When I was previously into buying drums, in the 90s, they were very big. They don't sell in the USA now, but I hear they are planning to come back.

Back