Looking for drummers with opinions!

JPage4732

Figured I could find a few here!

I'm writing articles on Tama, Ludwig, Gretsch, DW, Pearl, Mapex and Yamaha drums. I'm looking for folks who actually own/play a kit from one of those companies to let me know why they chose the kit they did and how they feel about it. Specifically:

• What kind of kit do you own?
  • Why did you choose that kit?
  • What features do you like best?
  • What would you like to see improved?
  • What other kits have you played in the past and how does your current drum set compare?

Plus, anything else you would like me to know!

I thought it would be a nice perspective to include the opinions of drummers of all skill levels and abilities, and this seemed like a great place to seek opinions.

If you would like to participate, you can e-mail me at [email protected] or just reply here.

Thanks for your help!

Jim

So how does that work? What publication does this go into? Is there any compensation involved? Do we get a 'by-line'? A bio included in the article of each contributor?

Jim, nice idea, & you'll certainly not be short of opinions here. I'm interested when your manufacturer list extends beyond the big mass market companies. I'm surprised not to see Sonor in your initial list of major global builders.

Jim, nice idea, & you'll certainly not be short of opinions here. I'm interested when your manufacturer list extends beyond the big mass market companies. I'm surprised not to see Sonor in your initial list of major global builders.

Thanks. I do plan to move past the major brands at some point. Up until now I've been primarily focused on beginner and intermediate kits that I feel offer good value. I had to narrow it down, but will probably include Sonor at some point.

So how does that work? What publication does this go into? Is there any compensation involved? Do we get a 'by-line'? A bio included in the article of each contributor?

It's for a website called drum-set-guide. I'm writing the articles. At this point I'm just looking for feedback from drummers who are particularly passionate about their kits and loyal to whatever brand they play. I'm not looking for someone to submit an article, just a few thoughts if they are so inclined. I am considering outsourcing some of the writing soon, cause there is just too much for me to keep up with.

Back