Looking for a new single pedal and found a good double pedal deal: any reason to not buy it?

synchro

I'm looking for a new single pedal and I found a deal for a used double bass DW 3000 for 130 EUR (~143 USD). In the pictures it seems like brand new, I believe the seller almost didn't use it.

I'm learning drums, so I've been using a single pedal to develop my foot technique in the past year. That's the reason I didn't buy a double pedal.

But it's a bit hard to not feel tempted to buy this double pedal in mint condition for 130 EUR when the DW 3000 single pedal is costing 120 EUR new.

I'd probably be using only one of the pedals and the other one will be in the bag, but I'm thinking it might become handy in the future if I decide to learn double bass.

Is there any justification to choose a single pedal over the exact same double bass model, for the exact same price and in really good condition?

I also say go for it...I wish I had had a double pedal when I was younger. I definitely missed out on a ton of time developing that aspect of playing. I didn't get one until my mid 20's

Reactions: TJK
I also say go for it...I wish I had had a double pedal when I was younger. I definitely missed out on a ton of time developing that aspect of playing. I didn't get one until my mid 20's

I was afraid I'd stop learning doubles with one foot because using the double pedal would be more comfortable. But it's a matter of keeping the studies going on. Also, probably the second pedal will be in the bag most of the time.

Do it. It's a buy one get one free deal. Your wife/SO uses this exact same excuse to justify buying shoes/whatever. Drum stuff is way cooler than shoes. Do it.

You never know what the future holds. And if it's uncomfortable, all you have to do is disconnect the linkage and slave pedal. It's not a biggie, go for it! You can't beat that price.

Do it. It's a buy one get one free deal. Your wife/SO uses this exact same excuse to justify buying shoes/whatever. Drum stuff is way cooler than shoes. Do it.

Always buy both shoes.

Back