Looking at a 2nd smaller kit

newoldie

Silver Member
I have one. It's a great little kit. Really nice sound, especially considering that it's made of "select hardwood"

Bo was doing some shilling on here for the Safaris a while back. Do a search on here for "Safari". They are quite a popular little kit...and for good reason.

I highly recommend one.
+1.
I'm currently using a Sonor Safari (thanks to Bo's reviews) for my group kit (rock and alternate rock covers) and love it. The bass drum has great punch--uses an Evans Black Chrome for the batter, and the reso has a Kickport which usually gets mic'd and cuts through just fine. The 2 toms have a great sound, once you change out the heads. I switched the snare to a Ludwig Supralite, and that adds the needed depth to the kit IMO, although the stock snare was fitted up with an Ambassador Vintage and Hazy reso, which improved the sound to an acceptable level.
The Sonor Bop kit is also a good choice, as it allows a 18 x 16 bass drum instead of the 16'x 16 if that's what is important. Perhaps a bit more low end than the 16 x 16 has. Packing/unpacking the drums is a cinch, hauling short distances also is easy.

evilg99

Platinum Member
Went with a club date with the 20x14 bass drum.Shpuld be here early next week....pics 2 come.
Excellent choice, the Club Dates sound fantastic, and are just right for quick and easy load ins and setups...shallow bass drum, lightweight drums , cool vibes.

Neal

A-customs

Silver Member
Excellent choice, the Club Dates sound fantastic, and are just right for quick and easy load ins and setups...shallow bass drum, lightweight drums , cool vibes.

Neal
Thanks Neil.Almost got the 22 but had the 20 in my head from the start.......