Look who I ran into !!!

Over50drumguy

Silver Member
My music tastes span almost every genre. From blues,country , oldies, and classic rock to jazz, big band, (some) rap and metal, and every thing in between. Got a chance to meet and hang out with one of my metal drumming heroes backstage after his show. We talked music, drums , kids and sports. One of the nicest down to earth rock stars you’d ever wanna meet. Can’t thank him enough for taking the time out near the end of a long tour for spending over half hour BS’ing with me . A true class act ! For those that don’t know him , he’s in the yankee cap on the right .

Attachments

• 5B7F8E38-3D3F-4EA5-8BDA-D3ED4C4B64EA.jpeg
    5B7F8E38-3D3F-4EA5-8BDA-D3ED4C4B64EA.jpeg
    85.7 KB · Views: 359
Last edited:
Very cool to meet a musician we admire!
I'm sorry I just don't recognize him, who is it?

^^^^ Morgan Rose of Sevendust . Forgot to add that bit of info lol ! Maybe because he’s so recognizable to me . He’s on the right . I’m the over50drumguy on the left.

Very cool! His early drumming moves remind me of a marionette act. His cymbal strikes are sudden and lethal. I remember well when him and Rayna got married I was huge CC fan as well.

Shit, I didn't know that Russell Crowe played drums!

A friend of mine met Morgan after a Sevendust show a few years back. He also remarked about what a nice, down to earth guy he is. A powerhouse drummer and a class act. Looks like you had a great time!

A friend of mine met Morgan after a Sevendust show a few years back. He also remarked about what a nice, down to earth guy he is. A powerhouse drummer and a class act. Looks like you had a great time!

The whole band was the same way . Had a beer with lajon on the bus . Exchanged a few words with Clint and John ( nice guys ) , and talked with Vinnie about our daughters while listening to clutch . What I thought would be just saying hello and exchanging a few pleasantries and be heading home , wound up being about an hour and a half hang which was longer than their set !!! Lol ! To take that kind of time at the end of a tiring tour and after what was for them a work day , to me shows why they’re still around and with a loyal diehard fan base . Just a group of really nice guys that still put out great stuff. And yes !!! Had a GREAT time !

Back