Long road trip practice ideas?

Get the 4 way coordination book. That can be practiced anywhere and still be effective.

Don't crash though... It can require some concentration ;)

Listening time is as important as practice time, and you don't want to annoy you traveling companions by tapping on things 24/7, so maybe load up your mp3 player with all the stuff you should be listening to but aren't. If you don't get car sick, you could try doing some transcribing.

In situations like this I either try playing various simple beats with an 8th note ostinato on the hi-hat foot but left handed (if you're right handed). You'll be amazed how difficult a simple boom boom gak, boom boom gak is at first- especially with swapping the feet around.

Failing that different rudiments with you're feet to your hands- doubles with you're feet over 2's, 3's, paradiddles etc with your hands. Then 3's with your feet and moving from 2's to 8's with hands through different rudiments- all great for your independence and some are surprisingly difficult at first (i.e. doubles with feet over 3's with hands).

I keep one of those hand/wrist strength exercisers in the car for when traffic is bad or to use at stop lights..

Back