London Drumshow 2014 pictures!

Magenta

Platinum Member
Oh, a couple more! My lovely shiny Amedia ride, and Mr Madge with Alex and Carol from Amedia. Huge thanks to Alex, who went the extra mile for me in order to make up for a bad experience I'd had with a salesman at the Manchester Drum Show who did a particularly egregious job of representing the company. Madge is now a VERY happy customer :)

Attachments

WaitForItDrummer

Brilliant, thanks for sharing these pics, Magenta!

The Guru drums sounded amazing. Had a good go at trying all the snares :D

Sorry I missed the DW group picture - it was during the Eric Harland show I think...

Magenta

Platinum Member
Yes I think it must have been, unfortunately. What a pity :( Although it was a brilliant day, it was a bit manic and that makes it difficult to keep track of things and people.

StaggerLee

Silver Member
We will just wait for andy and his pic of us all that he took with special guests :p
In the mean time i did my own thread but i think that one just died, so my pics from the show, and the 2 snares i bought:

Eric Harlands kit:

The amazing provenance snares. One at the front is made from a VW camper and the one at the back from an F4 Phantom jet, he also had one made from a whiskey cask that stunk of that heavenly stuff:

Brady snares including a barritone, weirdly nobody cared about these three. In the background is a Q drums copper kit:

Same as above:

A selection of the award winning dixon artisan snares:

Same as above including the brady dixon crossovers:

Daves amazing carrera custom kit, sounded to die for just like the rest of his drums. Wish he had been next to Guru stand for a best of british stand:

Shaw Drum sticks now make drum kits... dear gods why:

Yeah it got worse:

I sadly forgot this chaps name but he was making some lovely stuff in italy:

The utterly INCREDIBLE Michele Drees:

My scores:
Natal Bubinga Stave 12x6.5

And a Ludwig Supralite fitted with new head and puresound blaster wires courtesy of our Andy and also a protection racket AAA case to put it all in :D Total legend!

And thats my contribution. Sorry its not more but i was so excited i didnt take pictures, and when i realized i should i had to go as sophie was ill and i expect everyone else took pics of guru stand. Thanks for a wonderful day guys, espesh to andy!!!!

WaitForItDrummer

One of the amazing thing a about the LDS was being able to try, play and compare hundreds of different cymbals - which normally you cannot do, even in the best drum shop.

I have gone on a comparing ride cymbals adventure and have learned:
- dry cymbals are awesome
- I like dark cymbals (as opposed to bright ones)
- Size matters (as someone who believes small is beautiful, this has been a revelation....An 18 in HHX Omni doesn't sound as good as a 22 inch HHX Omni.

So this has been a a real journey to start appreciating new dimensions of sonic qualities.
Waking around with a pair if sticks and trying cymbals and drums has been really awesome.

Attachments

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
I'm so envious! Thank you all for taking the time to post all the great pics. Madge, you got a Paduak snare? Coolness. Miss you guys.

BacteriumFendYoke

Platinum Member
Had a belting time today, even if I did miss most of our forumites. I had a great time with David, Liam, Henri, Andy, Carol and Emma. Thank you so much for a lovely day out. I just got home from another evening engagement and I'm ready to drop! Hope everyone had a safe journey home. Sorry I couldn't stay for longer and help out today...

WFI, did you see the Amedia on the cappuccino Guru kit? Lovely cymbal with fantastic edge wobble. There was a rather tasty 24" low-profile Dream out today as well that I had a moment over as well...

Mad About Drums

Pollyanna's Agent
Nice shots of the forum group. Who is the ne'er mentioned blonde by MAD's side.?
I think she is MAD's daughter...
I believe it was his daughter...
Yes, it is Emma, my Daughter, it's her first LDS but certainly not her last, she enjoyed every minutes of this mad weekend... and she might start drumming because of this show... watch this space :)

Yes, she's MAD's daughter and she's every bit as lovely as her mum and dad.
You're so nice Madge, thanks a million... you're officially forgiven for not bringing caeks (clams) to the show :)

Huge thanks to Alex...
Alex is kindness personified, top bloke... and very funny :)

Miss you guys.
I miss you too Larry, I hope you'll make it again in the future :)

Had a belting time today, even if I did miss most of our forumites. I had a great time with David, Liam, Henri, Andy, Carol and Emma. Thank you so much for a lovely day out. I just got home from another evening engagement and I'm ready to drop! Hope everyone had a safe journey home. Sorry I couldn't stay for longer and help out today...
Yes Laura, we had a smashing time, far too short but nice and hilarious... shame about the drag dress... and your excuse was rather confusing :)

WaitForItDrummer

WFI, did you see the Amedia on the cappuccino Guru kit? Lovely cymbal with fantastic edge wobble. There was a rather tasty 24" low-profile Dream out today as well that I had a moment over as well...
Sorry I didn't get to meet you Bacterium, I was only there Saturday. Hopefully next year!

I did see it! It sounded amazing... I had a good go at trying most of the dream cymbals too... /starts to dig through LDS pictures again to see if I have one of those.... /

Magenta

Platinum Member
Yes, it is Emma, my Daughter, it's her first LDS but certainly not her last, she enjoyed every minutes of this mad weekend... and she might start drumming because of this show... watch this space :)
Yay!!

You're so nice Madge, thanks a million... you're officially forgiven for not bringing caeks (clams) to the show :)
Sorry again :( And I can't thank you enough for arranging for Liam to play at the party. It meant an awful lot to him, and to me too.

Alex is kindness personified, top bloke... and very funny :)
One of those people you just immediately like, and feel as if you've known forever, as is Carol.

I miss you too Larry, I hope you'll make it again in the future :)
Echo this :)

Yes Laura, we had a smashing time, far too short but nice and hilarious... shame about the drag dress... and your excuse was rather confusing :)
I'm going both days next year. I spent so much time catching up with people and nattering that I hardly saw any drumming and didn't go round the stands much, so whichever day you're there, Duncan dear, be very afraid!

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Next, dear David and lovely Liam going head to head in a frightfully gentlemanly sort of way. LOTS of people came - and stayed - to listen. One guy videoed the whole thing until he ran out of battery after about 15 minutes!
I'll have video up of that as soon as I can get to it. Show follow up work this year is crazy!

i expect everyone else took pics of guru stand. Thanks for a wonderful day guys, espesh to andy!!!!
My pleasure. Glad we could help make your day :)

To those I met for the first time this year, I'm sorry I didn't get time to chat as much as I would have liked. The show is a huge amount of work for me, especially with Dean being ill this year.

Here's some shots of our stand I managed to take before opening on the first day. I didn't get any shots of the other stands (there were some huge stands there this year!), just so so busy!

Attachments

no talent

Very nice display set up this year, those light rigs look slightly familiar for some reason. did you "partner" with the cymbal company that's at your booth or do you sell them as well?

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Very nice display set up this year, those light rigs look slightly familiar for some reason. did you "partner" with the cymbal company that's at your booth or do you sell them as well?
Well spotted :) The trussing & light units form part of my band lighting rig. I'm all for dual purposing/saving money!

Amedia Cymbals UK is run by a good friend of mine, Alex Lindley. I play the cymbals personally, & like them very much. We cut a deal that suited both of us. Guru get's a contribution towards costs, & Amedia gets a prominent stand space way beyond their spend, plus their cymbals on some pretty cool kits (ahem) ;)

Another good roll up. Would very much like to meet you guys again but I am sooo far away!
Distance is a real bummer Grea. Missed both you & Larry this year. In many ways, I wish you'd come this year rather than last year. A much better experience.

Mad About Drums

Pollyanna's Agent
Another good roll up. Would very much like to meet you guys again but I am sooo far away!
Yeah, we miss you Grea, I hope you'll make it again to the LDS in the future.

As Andy said, a much better experience, the show is split on 2 floors, so it's not as crowded as before, much more easier to walk about and the 3rd floor is reserved for main stage performances and seminars, so when you queue to see a performance, it's very quiet :)

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
As Andy said, a much better experience, the show is split on 2 floors, so it's not as crowded as before, much more easier to walk about and the 3rd floor is reserved for main stage performances and seminars, so when you queue to see a performance, it's very quiet :)
Plus the after party was epic (mostly ;0