London Drum Show - early heads up!

Andy

Honorary Member
Just a gentle reminder to those contemplating visiting the London Drum Show in October this year - get your tickets now! Both days sold out last year, & I spent two weeks receiving daily requests from many asking me to get tickets. I couldn't help, as fire limits are fire limits - end of discussion.

Anyhow, this year it's going to sell out super early. Ticket sales are already 70% up on this time last year, & that demand means it will sell out soon. Artists announced for the main stage already include Jojo Mayer, Omar Hakim, Chris Coleman, Pete Lockett, Russ Miller, & Gerald Heywood. I know who the last two artists to be announced are (sorry, I'm dead if I tell you), but trust me, the moment they're announced, it will sell out in days.

LDS is fast becoming one of the best drumming only focussed events globally, so you have been warned. If you're thinking of going, but don't pull the trigger in time, don't come hassling me for preferential tickets, because I can't help you (although Grea may have a spare weekend ticket available if you ask her very nicely :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Andy do I need to buy one? Just checking, I think I'm on Guru staff, yes?

Bought. Done. Capiche. I was waiting for my paycheque and that came through a little early (a lovely surprise!).

Will be seeing you there!
Great stuff Duncan :) Nice surprise too. What day/days are you coming?

Oh, BTW, you do know you're booked as the official forum London guide on the Monday don't you? You did offer ;)

Andy do I need to buy one? Just checking, I think I'm on Guru staff, yes?
Shhhhhhh - that's meant to be a secret :) I got you in on the "overseas novelty ticket ;) Seriously though, I'm squeezed big time on guest passes & stuff this year. They've tightened right down on that aspect since last year.

Yes Larry, you've got an AAA pass for 3 days.

Mr Madge is accompanying me on the Saturday. He clearly doesn't trust me not to buy something expensive and sparkly, and he's right.

I expect lots of pictures!!

Dang, now I know how some of you feel when I talk about going to NAMM. :-(
Lots of pictures, & probably some video too :) How could we not do that for you guys, when such a bunch of crazy forum members will be hanging!

BTW Ian, you'll feel even more left out when they announce the last two main stage acts! :) ;) ;)

Monday tour guide? Oh *%&^. Well, by then I should be able to arrange the time off work (three month probation). I'll book the Tuesday off if I can...

I'm coming on the Sunday. I work Saturdays 12.30-onwards so I thought it best to just do the one day. Nevertheless I will be there in my glorious physical form to embrace, greet and generally lark about whilst complaining about the noise and rolling cigarettes. Just like last year!

Larry, by Sunday I fully expect you to be hungover and haggard. That's the part where I ask if I can borrow the bubinga staves with the die cast hoops and follow you around.

My vacations are all booked up for 2013. I don't have any time off from work to spare.

But 2014? I may very well do this. I've never been to London, it's a gaping hole in my traveling resumé. Plus, hanging with all you cats would be a blast.

Have you got your tickets????

Oh, & don't worry about Mr. Madge, the forum boys will distract him long enough for you to pocket some sparkly stuff (like a new guru snare, ahem).

Bought and paid for :)

Do they come in gold sparkle?

My vacations are all booked up for 2013. I don't have any time off from work to spare.

But 2014? I may very well do this. I've never been to London, it's a gaping hole in my traveling resumé. Plus, hanging with all you cats would be a blast.
That would be very cool! Of course, this year is special, because Larry & Grea are flying in for the event. Even if they survive for next year, I'm not banking on them being able (or willing) to make it out in 2014 :(

Stewart Copeland is my guess ...

Davo
Nope :)

Do they come in gold sparkle?
No, but we might be able to go one better than that. How about some gold leaf shell detail?

a slight drinkette on the Saturday?
Are you staying over the Saturday night? Cool if you are, as a degree of misbehaviour may ensue, I'm sure you won't want to miss out on that :)

I might be able to come for an after-show drink on the Saturday
Druncan, it's a must!

Dang, if that means what I think it means.
Well, there's two to announce, & I'll be pretty keen to see both (although I'll likely be tied up with the booth, or our private demo room. Andy's a damn busy boy at this event :(

So it's Mike Portnoy then...
Absolutely not!

Duncan, I'll pay for the bus trips if need be - I need a tour guide!

DED, yes, that's how I have felt for years seeing all you northern hemispherites flitting around to the various gatherings.

Andy, I was thinking ear plugs would be a must for this.

Back