London Drum Show 21-22 Nov - Who's going?

To be announced tomorrow by London Drum Show - Guru are there :)

Wahey! Great stuff.

I've recently changed my day to the Sunday so I can catch Peter Erskine. Very tempted to make the Saturday too. If it means a beer or two with you fine folk again in the evening, although why I would put my ears through two full days I don't know....

(Gospel Chop nightmares in the run up)

We're putting up a modest display this year in terms of stand (booth) size, but lots of new stuff to see, including a very cool new Origin series kit & a 6 piece Tour series zebrano kit. Also featuring will be the new ultra light version of the In-Tense series snares (as if they weren't already light enough), & some pretty damn tempting show special offer snares.

Someone's twisted Yolanda's arm to run the after party jam night again. It's always exciting to see which uber players she's bringing to that gig. Don't know if we'll be supplying drums for that yet.

I can also reveal that a new British drum company will be launched at the event too. Some of you may find that very interesting. First press release comes out this Friday, & I expect this venture to gain some serious traction. I know the people involved, & I wish them well in their venture. Can't say more for now ;)

Update:

Chatted with Yolanda the other day. This year's after party location has changed from the Albion pub to the much bigger upstairs bar in the Hand & Flower (although that's meant to be an industry secret - oops ;). This is great news, as the Albion was just way too small for this popular event.

Confirmed for the house jam band to date is Jack Pollitt on drums http://sakaedrums.com/en/artists/jack_pollitt/ (superb player), Rob Harris from Jamiroquai on 6 string plank, & of course, the sublime Yolanda Charles on bass. More players to be announced = stacking up to be a fabulous night. Y'never know, I might actually get drunk enough to have a tickle myself ;)

Of course, this is invite only.

Well, if I'm in the country I may try to get down. Not been to London for too long.

Well, if I'm in the country I may try to get down. Not been to London for too long.

You really should! The show itself is one thing - bring earplugs - but the absolute very bestest thing is that we all get to meet/see each other and have a good laff. Can't believe it's almost a year since I last saw everybody except Andy.

You really should! The show itself is one thing - bring earplugs - but the absolute very bestest thing is that we all get to meet/see each other and have a good laff. Can't believe it's almost a year since I last saw everybody except Andy.

I'll do my bestest, Madge. Honest...

:)

Anyone know how you book a space at the education zone?

Can't seem to find any information on the website. Assumed last year it was a free for all, but got kicked off an E-Kit shortly before a class as I hadn't pre booked/wasn't down on the register.

Confused!

If it's a free for all this year I'll happily start practising some wrestling moves though.

Back