Locking in with the bassist (cd/DVDs?)

Grace :)

Hey,

Does anyone know of any CDs or DVDs or book packages that focus on 'locking in' with the bass guitarist? What I'm really looking for I guess, is something that has lots of bass backing tracks to practice to

Does anyone know if anything like this exists?

Toolate

Platinum Member
Turn it up and lay it down- like 20 volumes (cds) with 25 3 minute songs- bass only. all different styles too

Toolate

Platinum Member
I own 3 volumes of TIULID, if you are talking to me Davo. They give you a bar of the bass line then stop and count in with clicks. Tons of foun- I would start with the first two if you are going to try these.

phfreq

Doesn't really have the backing tracks but two of Victor Wooten's dvds have given me a broader view of a lot of drummer-bassist-song interactions

Victor Wooten
-- Groove workshop
-- Making music (with Carter Beauford)

jeffwj

Platinum Member
Jeff have you used these books/cd?

Davo
Yes, Grooves for Drums & Bass features more grooves and variations. The play-alongs are shorter. Essential Styles features full songs with charts. Both use bass on one channel and drums in the other.

Jeff

Grace :)

Hi all, thanks for all the feedback!

Think I'll start with volume 1 of the turn it up lay it down cd - this sounds like exactly what I was looking for. And maybe one of the books you mentioned, Jeff. I'll move on to the other suggestions after that too. Thanks for all the suggestions :)