Local Drum Shops in Toledo of Ohio?

ryangee

I just resumed playing my kit after ten years. Local "Drum Depot" shop is closed and the local 'music shops' only sell crap sticks.
Any place within 50 miles only cater to drummers anymore? I cant find any oak sticks :/

Dang! I am originally from Toledo. Sorry to hear The Depot is closed. Do they plan on reopening? As far as true drum shop, you might have to make a (very fun) road trip to either Columbus Pro Percussion or Stebal's Drums. Stebal is east of Cleveland. Both probably about a two hour drive. Both are great shops and well worth the trip. I'm not aware of any specific drum shops in the Detroit/Ann Arbor area (RIT Drums used to be great). Columbus Pro Percussion or Stebal's would be a fun Saturday road trip!

Do you remember Peeler Drum Center? We used to have two great drum shops. Have you looked at Heights Guitars on Reynolds Road? They always have cool used drum gear in there. Don't know about stick selection, but it's worth a look. Music Go Round on Talmadge is worth a look too.

As far as oak sticks, I think Pro Mark is the only company that still sells them. I know Vic reintroduced their SHOGUN series a few years ago but they are now discontinued once again. You can buy sticks directly from Pro Mark/D'Addario on their website. I know it's not ideal to buy sticks online, but at least that option is there.

Back