Live drum cam

Lights, smoke, crowd vocals... A real rock show.
Nicely done. :)

For real Andy? That would only be considered "fairly loud" stage volume?
I really am asking, I don't know

Lights, smoke, crowd vocals... A real rock show.
Nicely done. :)
Cheers! It was a cracking gig, & in a unique setting.

For real Andy? That would only be considered "fairly loud" stage volume?
I really am asking, I don't know
It was fairly up there, but by no means the loudest stage I've worked. It probably seemed a bit louder than average, because we usually work on IEMs these days, but this was all live monitoring. The drum monitors alone were a 3K stack. FOH was a 38K Martin line array, so even though it was theoretically outdoors, we were getting quite a bit of pump in the auditorium, as it was surrounded by the castle walls.

What a nice view you had! You guys sound great!

Last edited:
What a nice view you had! You guys sound great!
Thank you, it was an amazing view :) (please excuse the crappy shot, it's all I've got)

Chepstow castle.jpg

Nice Andy - I always like the cam shots behind the drummer.
Cheers. The camera could have been better positioned to capture some drum action, but TBH, it was an afterthought. I remembered I had an old Q3 in my gig bag. I taped it to a spare cymbal stand, took a guess on positioning, & hoped for the best ;)

Very, Very Cool!
Thank you. It was a very cool gig for us. We were booked again for 2020, but of course, that never happened. We're still waiting to hear for this year.

Wow it sounds so good-even that close and behind. It's like that open-air sound translated well on video. In a freaking castle no less it looks like Sir Andy. The energy, the vibe, that's what I'm talking about.

Nice work Andy! Was that recorded pre- or post- stroke? Have you progressed to a point where you're satisfied with your drumming? That's an aweful large hurdle to overcome. I can't imagine all the life changes that ensue. Yet, it's life, and you're presented with choices at every turn.

I, for one, am glad that you're still a contributor and a moderator.

Cheers!

Nice work Andy! Was that recorded pre- or post- stroke?
Thank you. This was just under 1 year post stroke. Still a few hangovers / challenges, & still having to think about stuff that was instinctive pre stroke, but 95%+ of the way back.

Have you progressed to a point where you're satisfied with your drumming? That's an aweful large hurdle to overcome. I can't imagine all the life changes that ensue. Yet, it's life, and you're presented with choices at every turn.
I'm back to a point I'm extremely pleased with, especially compared to the early prognosis. For sure, things are different - I had to find workarounds & push myself, but I count myself extremely blessed.

Wow it sounds so good-even that close and behind. It's like that open-air sound translated well on video. In a freaking castle no less it looks like Sir Andy. The energy, the vibe, that's what I'm talking about.
Cheers Art. The little zoom camera picked up well, & a lot of sound reflected from the surrounding castle walls back to the stage, so that helped balance too, if not a bit too "atmospheric" at times. Good stage monitor mix helped a lot, although keys were quiet for me the first half of the gig, & drum monitors too loud. A quick word fixed that. Drum monitors were all but switched off in these clips.

The gig setting & audience reception certainly had a positive vibe impact on the band, plus the sound + lighting crews were both professional and very friendly - that always helps with mood.

awesome work! :D
Thank you!

Last edited:
Back