Little ego boost :)

Andy

Honorary Member
I got this little message from Yolanda yesterday, & it gave me such a boost. Just the fact that she'd refer to me as a fellow musician, was enough to lift my mood immeasurably.

Attachments

• yo comment 1.png
    yo comment 1.png
    29.6 KB · Views: 417
Aww, what a lovely, thoughtful and absolutely on-point message. No wonder you were chuffed to bits!

I don't understand....you've worked with Yolanda.

She knows you.

Did she forget for a minute that you're a drummer?

Haga!

Very nice! I'm sure this will resonate with you for quite some time!
Absolutely - made my day!

Aww, what a lovely, thoughtful and absolutely on-point message. No wonder you were chuffed to bits!
:)

Did she forget for a minute that you're a drummer?

Haga!
Hahahaha - Actually, Yolanda has an affinity with all things drumming. She actively appraises the drumming scene, whilst simultaneously paying little attention to the bass playing scene. Accordingly, she gets to work with / collaborate with some amazing players. Obviously, I'm not in that club, but to be regarded as "a musician" by a world class first call bassist like Yolanda, is a status that I thought I'd never achieve.

Hey that really is nice-and of course you are a musician-but for a real musician to qualify you as a real musician is the cat's pyjamas. And Happy Birthday Andy !!! Woop, Woop, Woop.
P.S. Hope the knee is on the mend.

for a real musician to qualify you as a real musician is the cat's pyjamas.
You got that right :) It's great to get occasional recognition from your drumming peers, but for players of other instruments to offer unsolicited acceptance, especially players of note, is on another level. At least, it is for me.

So modest. Everyone here would kill to have the coveted drum chair in F.U.
Hahaha, it's just a rock cover band, albeit a reasonably competent one. I'm desperate to get into original material again, but regrettably, my little rural county brings forth meagre pickings :(

That's really a great thing!

So I hear we're having a roast for your birthday.

Andy she was just being politically correct :p

Happy Birthday my good friend :)

Happy birthday Andy. A truly refreshing thread, and, thank goodness, we're not adressing "what head should I put on my _________?"

Way cool. Happy Birthday, Andy. Here's to a wonderful drumming year!! Cheers.

Belated Birthday greetings Andy and many happy returns. Hope you had a great day.

Richard

Andy, you're obviously an already established musician...you're on youtube!! :)

Seriously though, happy late birthday, Andy. I hope it was a great one. You absolutely deserve it!

Your a magician? That explains the terrible drum and wind chime playing....

Guys, thank you for all your best wishes. I completely forgot about this thread :(

Happy birthday Andy, this is deserved for sure !

Alain ;-)
Thank you Alain, although I'm not so sure about deserved. If I had your skills, then maybe ;)

Your a magician? That explains the terrible drum and wind chime playing....
Explains = yes. Justifies = no.

I really need to work on that chime playing technique ;)

Back