Lighter duty 2 legged HiHat Stand

dcrecco

I’m looking for a lighter weight 2 legged HiHat Stand under $200. I bought the DW 3000 and it works great but its as heavy as a tank. Too Heavy duty. I was hoping another company made a lighter duty one. Anybody have any experience? Problem is the Left foot area needed room for a HiHat, Double Bass drum pedal and a foot cowbell. Very cluttered. I'm thinking a 2 legged HiHat may fix the problem.

Ddrum Rx is great, I don't own one but my father in law has one and it's much lighter and just as good as his 5000, significantly cheaper too. I have a 9000 and there really aren't any amazing benefits over the ddrum.

I got a "Chromacast Value Series" 2 leg stand with a used kit deal. Very impressed with the build quality and features. Fairly light, too. Pedal folds easily and it's tension adjustable/swive-able tripod. These can be found on Amazon, ebay and Reverb. They are sold by Go DPS Music out of California, who is their exclusive importer/distributor. If you download the Free Go DPS Music app and sign up for their 99 cents per month "Membership Access" and order through the app, you get 20% off all orders and free shipping. This makes it even more appealing. Highly recommended. 99 cents per month is a small price to pay to get 20% off gear; heck it pays for years of itself in just one order. Plus, they have cool online concerts, interviews, lessons etc. Worth checking out for sure. This particular stand is $80, if you do the 20% off thing that brings it down to $64 with free shipping. You can't go wrong with that! They also make a heavier version in their "Pro" series hardware, but that thing is darn heavy! They have really cool Retro flat base stuff too, all reasonably priced, and with the 20% deal it is a great value. Not trying to be a commercial for them or anything, but I can vouch for the quality of their stuff and most people don't know about them.

Attachments

• CC-VS511-1.jpg
    CC-VS511-1.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Back