Light inside a bass drum?

My band have a few gigs where I need to take my own kit, recently I seen the Evans EQ3 Frosted Glass Reso and I liked the sound. I'm thinking of buying one and spray-painting the band name onto the head. But ontop of that, I was thinking about installing a light inside my bass drum. However, I'm not sure how I'd do it. Does anyone have any tips?

My band have a few gigs where I need to take my own kit, recently I seen the Evans EQ3 Frosted Glass Reso and I liked the sound. I'm thinking of buying one and spray-painting the band name onto the head. But ontop of that, I was thinking about installing a light inside my bass drum. However, I'm not sure how I'd do it. Does anyone have any tips?

Clear batter head and then gaff tape a "rope light" around the inner part of the batter head hoop. The rope light shouldn't give off hardly any heat and if you use the frosted resonant head it should look cool. You might even want to put the band logo on the inside of the frosted head so that it isn't as visible until the light comes on.

Oh, and pyro. You need lots of pyro, too. ;-)

Back