Life as a Young Man

felonious69

You coulda told me that in '75, when I was ten! (damn guitar)

Hopefully it's not too late...There are some fine looking older gals out there!

(Wait...do you have to play drums well?)

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Back when I started “chicks” didn’t dig the drummer then came Tommy Lee and Heather Locklear and all that changed ROFL

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
You coulda told me that in '75, when I was ten! (damn guitar)

Hopefully it's not too late...There are some fine looking older gals out there!

(Wait...do you have to play drums well?)
You know Felonius I do all the shopping at Walmart, Publix, Kroger, etc since I'm at home. So I see average people all the time which till COVID was lots of women. My anecdotal observations I note a lot of over 40 women really work on being fit-and even thin girls under 30 often aren't fit. I became a fat kid transition from 7th grade to high school- perfect timing LOL. All the picking on me from older grades did drive me to be more athletic so I can't complain-just once those fat cells divide they don't go away-so I have always done the yo yo with my weight as low as 165 to 250 (so I get up to fat slob sometimes before I'd intervene and get busy-it was times I worked then ate and drank more than anything) and have to stay on exercise and diet (the 165 is an outlier cause I went crazy running 10 miles and turned into a bean pole-ideal is probably 185 ). It's been the worse and best thing to happen to me oddly enough ROFL. I don't care for sports since I was in high school but I like physical activity for my mind body health. I live in a golf community now and all of the people I"ve met 65-75 are healthy and fit and exercise-biking, walking, tennis the ones I've met. I met a lady riding recliner bike and I was asking about it-she said she bought it because she just had back surgery. I thought she was younger than me but no 68-she stated her husband 72 was in much better health. I'm like dang I gotta start working out again to stay in longevity race. ROFL. But for all that I can't begin to tell you how many healthy people who never smoked and played tennis or some exercise every day and died of lung cancer, breast cancer, prostate cancer, etc. It's a crap shoot.

Last edited:

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
I was taught that I have the same amount of fat cells as the day I was born.

Only their size changes.

So which is it?

felonious69

I always ate all day every day. Til about 10 years ago.
Now I eat (some) while at work and dinner after work and I am 60 lbs heavier than I have ever been.
Also don't bounce around life all bullet proof and invincible any more either.

If what Larry was taught is true, then I have one fat cell...and it's HUGE!

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
You're right and wrong Larry-way more cells divide in body than was once thought. It's a balance of cell reproduction and cell death. It reminds me of asymptomatic and symptomatic COVID-when scientist screen their T-cells that recognize spike protein epitopes they both produce them but asymptomatic produce pro-inflammatory cytokines that produce a healthy immune defense people who develop COVID produce inflammatory cytokines that promote storm and the disease. It's the balance of things it appear. I think it bounced around a bit like eggs being the perfect food to kill you but now good again. So I was wrong and right how I phrased fat cells LOL-they divide but not more because apoptosis I presume. What's interesting is obesity correlates with similar inflammatory cytokines so promote COVID issues too. https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/106343#1

Last edited: