Let's see your POV/ Driver's seat pics

My practice kit @ home is the TD27KV.
& the kit i take out for live shows is the Roland VAD506. Best "driver seat" photos I could find haha
Cool set up including lights!

Drummer_D

Been playing with tom placement. Think I have it now. Tweak cymbals next.
View attachment 126505

For the DDs (dyslexic drummers);)
View attachment 126506
I remember my late husband being a left-handed drummer and he had it set up pretty much like yours. There was also a drum kit in the church that he played at.

Sometimes a drummer didn't show up and the Pastor's wife would call my husband up to the kit in a split second to sit at a right-handed kit and play... don't ask me how he did it but he always came thru.

Drummer_D

Last edited:
Is that a white pearl snare drum if so what's the name of it?
Gretsch Renown 8 lug from 1965 Round Badge.
So everything there is USA Gretsch.
The Toms and bass are 2004 ish Broadkaster. 6 ply gum/maple/ Gunmetal cast hoop.

The snare a Round Badge 6 ply gum/maple New York Gretsch. 4103. 8 Lug. From 1965.
Has what was called a Renown strainer.
I found it at a Pa Drum Show almost 20 years ago)

4103 - pearl finish (8L cast hoop)

1961_gretsch_snare_drums3.jpg

51222 001.JPG

strainerlocation 004.JPG

1965 8L Snare (New York)
2003 or so Drums (South Carolina)
all USA 6P g/m Gretsch
Broadkasters 6 ply gunmetal series last with USA in the badge;
I think the hoops and metal were the last of US source before Taiwan sourced
why the USA in the badge/maybe.

Anyway I bought them NOS from a Gretsch dealer and they shipped straight from the Gretsch warehouse; they were NOS in 2010 when I bought them. Actually New Discontinued stock. NDS

Interesting story - the Dealer- a Big Gretsch guitar (and drum but mostly guitar) dealer visited Gretsch warehouse (vinyard) in SC. - bought all the unsold discontinued stock they wanted ; took pictures. Flew back to Wisconsin. Advertised them on Ebay as what they were : NOS singles. (NDS)

I chose the four in the same finish -two toms/bass/floor/. out of what was there.
I had to think fast as if another bought one of the drums I'd be out..

I picked the 9x10 12x14 and 14x18 but lost the 10x12.
I called the dealer and by miracle the dealer said the 10x12 person backed out. I said... Send it I want it!
that was close..
then
Gretsch boxed and shipped them to me.

By 2010 they were discontinued but the still remaining stock was on the shelf at Gretsch.
they are like Stradivarius to me and built as well.

Ps. There's a better catalog picture of that snare (same finish) in the 1966 Gretsch catalog here:
www.drumarchive.com

and mondobizarro ly.. if you could look in every cupboard closet and Shelf at Gretsch... they still offer -direct some leftover items--->
that's different than what I did but.
Leedy some items left over too. at this their corporate site
under "vinyard:..

``````````````````````````

Last edited:
Gretsch Renown 8 lug from 1965 Round Badge.
So everything there is USA Gretsch.
The Toms and bass are 2004 ish Broadkaster. 6 ply gum/maple/ Gunmetal cast hoop.

The snare a Round Badge 6 ply gum/maple New York Gretsch. 4103. 8 Lug. From 1965.
Has what was called a Renown strainer.
I found it at a Pa Drum Show almost 20 years ago)

4103 - pearl finish (8L cast hoop)

1961_gretsch_snare_drums3.jpg

View attachment 126895

View attachment 126896

1965 8L Snare (New York)
2003 or so Drums (South Carolina)
all USA 6P g/m Gretsch
Broadkasters 6 ply gunmetal series last with USA in the badge;
I think the hoops and metal were the last of US source before Taiwan sourced
why the USA in the badge/maybe.

Anyway I bought them NOS from a Gretsch dealer and they shipped straight from the Gretsch warehouse; they were NOS in 2010 when I bought them. Actually New Discontinued stock. NDS

Interesting story - the Dealer- a Big Gretsch guitar (and drum but mostly guitar) dealer visited Gretsch warehouse (vinyard) in SC. - bought all the unsold discontinued stock they wanted ; took pictures. Flew back to Wisconsin. Advertised them on Ebay as what they were : NOS singles. (NDS)

I chose the four in the same finish -two toms/bass/floor/. out of what was there.
I had to think fast as if another bought one of the drums I'd be out..

I picked the 9x10 12x14 and 14x18 but lost the 10x12.
I called the dealer and by miracle the dealer said the 10x12 person backed out. I said... Send it I want it!
that was close..
then
Gretsch boxed and shipped them to me.

By 2010 they were discontinued but the still remaining stock was on the shelf at Gretsch.
they are like Stradivarius to me and built as well.

Ps. There's a better catalog picture of that snare (same finish) in the 1966 Gretsch catalog here:
www.drumarchive.com

and mondobizarro ly.. if you could look in every cupboard closet and Shelf at Gretsch... they still offer -direct some leftover items--->
that's different than what I did but.
Leedy some items left over too. at this their corporate site
under "vinyard:..

``````````````````````````

I own a Gretch renown kit myself but I am very drawn to white pearl. In April I bought a mapex black panther in white pearl but just recently I was looking at the white pearl Gretsch kits I think they're beautiful. Nice looking snare. I'm glad you were able to snag that one!

You'd have to have a USA drum, the Renown was a model in the60s maybe 50s below the top Name Band microsensitive strainer snare drum
when Gretsch around 05 +/- branched into Import series they resurrected that Renown name)
pk7i5i59pqczbr9oeqby.jpg

You'd have to have a USA drum, the Renown was a model in the60s maybe 50s below the top Name Band microsensitive strainer snare drum
when Gretsch around 05 +/- branched into Import series they resurrected that Renown name)
pk7i5i59pqczbr9oeqby.jpg

That's one Beauty for sure!

Not a whole driver seat pic but some pics from the driver seat, I was borrowing this Ludwig kit tonight at a studio we are rehearsing at (and for the next few weeks). The finish is incredible, the shells are super thin like seriously the thinnest drum shells I've ever seen, and the lugs are not attached to the shell via screws but have these 'fingers' that grab the shell. They sounded great. I don't know anything about them.

IMG_20221115_194518239.jpgIMG_20221115_194545048.jpg

they had a funny series name and didn't last long..
can't remember the name nor can find a History of series site..

Last edited:
Ludwig Signet. Cool kit and my favorite finish they offered on that line.
Awesome, thank you! I noticed they have what appears to be an early version of the atlas system but mounted directly to the shell and not under a lug like I'm used to seeing. These drums, a ddrum wood snare, and a set of Zildjian K's we're just 'given to the studio by a guy who doesn't really use them anymore.'

'given to the studio by a guy who doesn't really use them anymore.'
Give that guy my number please.

@bermuda may still have his modded-for-the-betterment-of-society kit.

Here is a long thread about them.

Give that guy my number please.

@bermuda may still have his modded-for-the-betterment-of-society kit.

Here is a long thread about them.
I'll be back there Tuesday of next week so if I remember I'll snap some more pics of the whole kit. I've not always been a fan of ludwig drums but I always played budget lines or very old mishandled drums, these sounded and felt great. The toms had clear hydraulics and the bass drum had an emad with a huge reso port. They were super punchy and fat but we're not dead by any means and had a wonderful cutting sound.

Back