Let's see your POV/ Driver's seat pics

My current configuration:

View attachment 123998

I need to get another boom stand so I can get that second ride moved in more.

Drums: Premier Genista 12"/22", Premier XPK 14", Pearl Wood/Fiberglass 16"

Cymbals (mishmash of brands): 14" hats (open), 18" crash, 14" hats (closed), 12" china, 20" ride (dry), 20" ride (ping)
No mounted toms? Shame on you! 😄 Makes for an interesting config though...

A cluttered pic in a cluttered room...
View attachment 124128
- Classic Maple 13x9, 16x16, 22x14
- LM402
- 15" 2002 SE, 17" 2002 Crash, 22" 2002 Ride, (out of frame) 18" Giant Beat
Super nice set up! I typically only use a 3pc with hats and ride but occasionally add a small tom and/or crash, if this was set up for a righty I could sight right down and play any of my music without changing a thing. The angles, distance, etc are all the same.

A cluttered pic in a cluttered room...
View attachment 124128
- Classic Maple 13x9, 16x16, 22x14
- LM402
- 15" 2002 SE, 17" 2002 Crash, 22" 2002 Ride, (out of frame) 18" Giant Beat
A drummer after my own heart! LOL! I own everything on your list (same size CMs, but different sparkle) and know they all sound fantastic! Enjoy!

From the hit today in Simi Valley, CA. Only got a set and a half in before getting rained out. Really diggin' the 602s after a year of Giant Beat action. Love my Giant Beats, but loving the 602s even more. Dee Dubs and a 5" N&C SS maple round out the rig.

C9F408B9-4F74-4CED-886B-F62DEDFDFACD.jpeg

From the hit today in Simi Valley, CA. Only got a set and a half in before getting rained out. Really diggin' the 602s after a year of Giant Beat action. Love my Giant Beats, but loving the 602s even more. Dee Dubs and a 5" N&C SS maple round out the rig.

View attachment 124134
Why the cockeyed setup on the stage?

Why the cockeyed setup on the stage?

When I started doing this duo thing, the other guy and I decided to angle in towards each other. It’s evolved from there to me angling more cockeyed with him angling back more towards front. It’s kind of a take on a traditional jazz thing, although we don’t play jazz at all. Finally, he’s a very visual cue-oriented bandleader, so angling the way I do gives me clear sight lines to his hands, feet and noggin, any of which might be giving me visual cues at any given time.

When I started doing this duo thing, the other guy and I decided to angle in towards each other. It’s evolved from there to me angling more cockeyed with him angling back more towards front. It’s kind of a take on a traditional jazz thing, although we don’t play jazz at all. Finally, he’s a very visual cue-oriented bandleader, so angling the way I do gives me clear sight lines to his hands, feet and noggin, any of which might be giving me visual cues at any given time.
I play in a band with a keyboard player and guitar player who both sing lead and a bass player. Typically the keyboard player and I will set up facing each other on the stage with the other two in front or the bass player and I set up side on side on stage with the other two in front facing each other.

Last edited:
Back