Let's see your POV/ Driver's seat pics

I doubt there's a correlation ;)
Unless you are an Echidna which they have 4 heads I recollect -and apparently all are up-so they definitely run the stud range. I think three up and one down is definitely stud range-if the floor was hanging you'd be in trouble but it's got legs so yeah stud. You can't argue with science Andy-you're a stud.

outdoor gig a couple weeks ago....Pearl Session Select with the matching snare in Natural Birch...

View attachment 106204
Nice kit-I really like that configuration too (also like the snare in birch). I've been a one up one down guy for awhile now-but a second floor tom is something that has been beckoning. Those Pearl Session studio select have been catching my eye too of late.

Thanks GetA....it's a solid kit. 20 x 14 kick....good for gigging. Picked it up new last August. I think this was one of those deals where the 16x16 floor tom was an "throw in" as an incentive, not sure if they're still doing it...either way, don't think you'll be disappointed

outdoor gig a couple weeks ago....Pearl Session Select with the matching snare in Natural Birch...

View attachment 106204
Beautiful kit, I see your sporting the coated pins like @C.M. Jones.
I may be looking to put coats on mine just not sure which ones.

Is that the Antique Crimson burst finish?
I swear something about this finish in full context, looks different than the color sample tags you see as a finish option.

Almost less burst and more of a blend that looks velvety.

I swear something about this finish in full context, looks different than the color sample tags you see as a finish option.

Coated Pins rule on both toms and bass, Ransan. As you're well aware, our Sessions shells have lots of resonance and sustain. In addition, they excel at low-end. Coated Pins will focus the tones and really allow the mids and lows to flourish. And here's the other plus: You won't lose much sensitivity. All dynamics will come through clearly. Plus, Coated Pins are durable beyond belief. You'll save in the long run, because you won't be changing heads very often. Give them a go.

Last edited:
Tama starclassic performer, couple k crashes, 1 A crash, 15" old A rock hats, HHX evo. ride and a Alesis sample pad.

Attachments

• 20210709_161353.jpg
    20210709_161353.jpg
    450.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 20210709_161258.jpg
    20210709_161258.jpg
    417 KB · Views: 16

Thank you Sir....and yes, I did follow C.M. Jones' advise on the coated pins...that pic is a cell phone pic, doesn't really capture the true color...it is more red, and you can see the wood grain, that pic looks almost orangy to me...looks better in person than that pic...

Thanks for the vote @C.M. Jones. I’m really looking at either those or the Ambassadors.
I may even test the Vintage Ambassadors from my Rogers, at least on the 13” and 16” toms.

As everyone can see, no matter where I look, I see spots.
I just put the Big Red Machine down early this month until next year, and brought my STS out.

5361F2EB-DBFC-496A-A709-A662F387BE2D.jpeg
I tell ya, a smile ran across my face after I tuned and set them up, fluidity is there; and, much more is the sound: though I do love the CT sound; a different mindset ensues behind these.

Contrasting, it seems with the Luddie’s lack of ergo and added surface, I was swimming underwater.
Thank you Sir....and yes, I did follow C.M. Jones' advise on the coated pins...that pic is a cell phone pic, doesn't really capture the true color...it is more red, and you can see the wood grain, that pic looks almost orangy to me...looks better in person than that pic...
Interesting you can see the wood grains like this?
983E2C22-679D-450B-9076-1A2A9082FD82.jpeg
I went back to one of the vids and the images, I was referring to, lo and behold there is another red color that’s a lacquer called Scarlet Ash.

It’s not listed in the Pearl color directory. I wonder if they are discontinued like my Black Halo Glitters are, if so it’s a shame.
Damn it’s a beautiful finish! I could see the Teal mist coming back and making a return over this veneer foundation, would be stunning as well.

How long ago did you acquire these?

Last edited:
Thanks for the vote @C.M. Jones. I’m really looking at either those or the Ambassadors.
You know your way around a drum kit, @Ransan, so whatever you choose will be a well-informed selection. Speaking only on my own behalf, I've tried Coated Ambassadors on my Sessions toms, but the result was way too open (downright jazzy, in fact) for my taste. Coated Pins, on the other hand, give me the warmth and focus I'm after. It's no accident that Pearl ships Sessions kits with Pinstripes. Double-plies highlight the delicious low-end these shells are made to emit.

I may even test the Vintage Ambassadors from my Rogers, at least on the 13” and 16” toms.

As everyone can see, no matter where I look, I see spots.
I just put the Big Red Machine down early this month until next year, and brought my STS out.

View attachment 106525
I tell ya, a smile ran across my face after I tuned and set them up, fluidity is there; and, much more is the sound: though I do love the CT sound; a different mindset ensues behind these.

Contrasting, it seems with the Luddie’s lack of ergo and added surface, I was swimming underwater.

Interesting you can see the wood grains like this?
View attachment 106543
I went back to one of the vids and the images, I was referring to, lo and behold there is another red color that’s a lacquer called Scarlet Ash.

It’s not listed in the Pearl color directory. I wonder if they are discontinued like my Black Halo Glitters are, if so it’s a shame.
Damn it’s a beautiful finish! I could see the Teal mist coming back under this veneer foundation, would be stunning as well.

How long ago did you acquire the
I got the Amber Crimson Burst. I got them back in August 2020. Went to the Pearl site and the color and configuration that I got is still listed, 20 16 14 12 10

The wood grain on my kit is not as pronounced as the pic you posted...

here is the Amber Crimson Burst from Pearl's site

STS 315 Antique Crimson Burst.jpg

all of this Pearl talk and pictures is not helping my GAS...

just a quick pic from prax tonight for the show this weekend. Jazz band prax. Mostly brushes, and some hot rod stuff

drms1.jpg

my new Pork Pie super comfy stool in action!! 3 hours of no back, or butt pain

Back