Let's see your POV/ Driver's seat pics

Just my project kit I took on the road with me. The goal is to one day refinish the entire kit in a birdseye maple veneer or other exotic wood.

Tama Granstar 22x16 kick, 16x16 floor in metallic gray
Tama Granstar Custom toms 10x8 (black) and 11x8 (heather metallic)
Tama Artwood maple snare 14x6.5

It looks like sh** but it sounds and works okay for my practice needs.

20210331_101714resized.jpeg
20210331_102242resized.jpeg
20210331_101044 resized.jpeg

Acoustics are still packed away. This Yamaha DTX700, set up in a corner of our garage, is my playground for now.
ajmdrums-eKit.jpg

Once gigs resume, I'll be using a hybrid, acoustic/electric kit for one project. A 1up-1down set with triggers on the kick and snare, and a couple of strategically placed pads. Tweaked this kit to reflect that.

So good to see gigs penciled on the calendar. I am itching to play out!!!

We run some keyboard backing tracks from an iPad Mini and I have a mixer for my in-ears.
So, you have no keys player right? What kind of music do you play? You don't need a key player because the music doesn't requirements or because you cannot find one?

Hey!
This is my workplace: Sonor Signature with Yamaha remote Hihat pedal.View attachment 100765
From left to right:
Cowbell holder
Yamaha Remote Hihat
Main Hihat
Kick left
Kick right
Roland KD7 kick trigger
Super nice!!! Is it a bronze snare? And what sound do you trigger with the Roland?

View attachment 102299
The latest config. Just for fun I would like one more 18” crash
Funny you said that about the 18", I said the same to my self one month ago (that was easy to say one more 18", I had only one!!!) and got one, the Foundry reserve Meinl in 18"... They had a super deal on one at my store...

A quick shot i made yesterday. Small modifications; moved the rocket toms to a more comfortable spot, but that meant moving the china stand all the way to the left and have it 'spawn' from there. There's a clutter of hardware now on the left side and not enough space for the clamp of the china (the clamps for the rocket toms and the tambourine eat up all that space).
Also moved the Paiste 4" accent all the way over to the left. Had it mounted above the 8" splash, but was really hard to get a good sound out of it. I only use it for the intro of YYZ, but thinking of leaving it out of my setup. It's so small that i sometimes just miss it and when i hit it you can hear the metal of the boom arm and rack resonate.

View attachment 102772

Was also contemplating to do a Mike Mangini setup (8" tom in the center with the 10 and 14 left and 12 and 16 right), but it would cost too much to get two cable hi-hats and to modify the rack to mount the rocket toms in the center.
I really like your disposition, it shows a very well thinling in ergonomic.

Reactions: iCe
I really like your disposition, it shows a very well thinling in ergonomic.

Thanks! That's really what I've been 'busy' with the last few months, to make everything more ergonomic. Still a work in progress though :)

Quai, in your signature, I think you forgot to mention the sticks you use. Prize for the longest signature.
Yes, you're right, it's just that, as I'm not a drummer, (well, I'm the keys player but have always been a big fan of drums and drummers), so, I told myself, if I ask a question, they will know what I have in the practice room....It also came from an habit taken at one of the other websites I visit regularly, Gearslutz, where most people put the list of gear they have so, if they want some user review, they can reach out to you directly.
Hey, I need to win something at least because with this pandemic here in Canada, we are back to lock down again and there is no way we could even think of playing shows soon!!!!

Nah, not sure which one you're referring to but at the time of this pic, I was using the mics out of the Shure PGA kit and a Roswell Mini K47 (the one with the bag over it haha)
Ha ok, the JZ V67 look like your roswell, Mike Jagger just use it to record his new song...They are quite expensive, around 1000/1200 euros so, with the change rate in Canada, it's almost 1500 CAN$ but he's doing some promo regularly at 50% so, I might pull the trigger one time because they are really nice.

Super nice!!! Is it a bronze snare? And what sound do you trigger with the Roland?
Thanks!
Yes, its the Sonor Signature HLD 590 in 14“x8“ Bronze snare.
With the KD7 I start and stop sounds or loops from the Roland TD-7 soundmodul.

Back