Let's see your POV/ Driver's seat pics

Was certain I'd already posted this pic yesterday haha. Still the kit that is provided in the rehearsal room, but i bring my own stands, throne, bass pedals and cymbals etc.
Brought the Paiste Sound Formula 20" Dry Ride i had lying around to experience if i really want i more pingy ride (opposed to my A-Zildjian 21" Sweet Ride). And i was not let down! Exactly want i needed: more definition and more volume. What bugs me though is that this cymbal is off-balance: the Sound Formula Logo is now on the top, but when i play the cymbal is start to turn and the Paiste logo is facing up. Guess weight issue, but besides that is sounds great!

Also moved the ride more to the right above the floor tom and the 19" crash more or less in the spot were the ride used to be. Last few sessions my shoulder acted up and felt i was overreaching to play the ride. So i thought about lowering it and moving the stuff on the right side. It's in a way more comfortable position now and i don't feel my shoulder at all!

View attachment 132336
Awesome set-up!

Reactions: iCe
I'll add one more, last show of the 2023 tour on Maui, and a rare pic of non-Ludwig kit on our stage!

Companies do their best to accommodate artists who occasionally need backline, and even the biggest companies only have almost worldwide coverage. Ludwig provided everything I needed throughout Europe, Australia, and in Honolulu. But on Maui, Hawaii apparently there's one backline source, and apparently one kit: DW. It happens, and everyone's cool with it.

They sounded... fine. Ludwig need not be concerned with me moving to DW. :)

_032623_Maui.jpg

Gotcha (thought I heard you say you had another on the side what do the kids call it " side Hustle".. : !!

they Look marvelous- seriously- Great
look like 12.7mm floor tom legs, the old-school BDpearl. wow.
that would be the set to take home
even the seat is dw; perfect size snare..

Last edited:
Here is my recently acquired Pearl Export bass drum and toms with a Pearl Modern Utility snare. I was too lazy to take cymbals and stands outside. Peace and goodwill.

100_0610.JPG

That is one Beauty of a driver seat! Wow!
Thank you! The camera lens/angle confuses things a bit. Although it looks larger, that's actually a 13" piccolo snare above the 14" main snare. I wanted to get a tiny popcorn snare to put there, but DW doesn't make one in the Pacific line and I wanted to keep it as true to the original set as possible. I do want to replace the LP timbales with a set of roto toms, though. And I need another ride. Yes, "need." I said it.

Thank you! The camera lens/angle confuses things a bit. Although it looks larger, that's actually a 13" piccolo snare above the 14" main snare. I wanted to get a tiny popcorn snare to put there, but DW doesn't make one in the Pacific line and I wanted to keep it as true to the original set as possible. I do want to replace the LP timbales with a set of roto toms, though. And I need another ride. Yes, "need." I said it.
I sure wish I had the room to spread things out like yourself. I have another rack Tom that goes to my kit and I can't even fit it. I also love cymbals I'm known for smashing them... I absolutely love cymbals! As you can see below I'm crammed in as it is I have to go underneath two cymbal stands to get to the throne. LOL

And at the other end of my drum den is another kit that my son plays when we jam together.

The first kit that you see is a Gretch Renown maple kit which was my son's and I bought the Pearl Export and traded it for the Gretch... I like that better because that's the kit I learned on and my son was happy to trade it for the Pearl. 20220709_110522.jpg20220302_153552.jpg

Last edited:
This is my latest kit a Ludwig Classic Maple in Sunset Diamond Pearl sizes 8 10 12 rack 15 and 16 flr toms the 8 and 16 toms are Sonor all cymbals are Paiste except one 10in Zildjian A splash.
Beautiful Tiges! Love your cymbals!

Nothing really ever changes when I post a new gig or POV pic. A cymbal might get switched out for another one, and I do switch out snares, but I feel I've fully settled into this configuration. For the first month or two, I felt exposed up there with only one cymbal + hats. Not only did I have to think more about what I was playing, but there was also way less stuff blocking my view of the audience (or their view of me). All of a sudden I felt inspired to think more about posture and the ridiculous faces I make while playing. Overall, I dig where these self-imposed limitations have taken me musically. Makes for some boring pics to share, though.

IMG_2704.jpeg

Nothing really ever changes when I post a new gig or POV pic. A cymbal might get switched out for another one, and I do switch out snares, but I feel I've fully settled into this configuration. For the first month or two, I felt exposed up there with only one cymbal + hats. Not only did I have to think more about what I was playing, but there was also way less stuff blocking my view of the audience (or their view of me). All of a sudden I felt inspired to think more about posture and the ridiculous faces I make while playing. Overall, I dig where these self-imposed limitations have taken me musically. Makes for some boring pics to share, though.

View attachment 132793
Nice looking snare!

Back