Let's see your POV/ Driver's seat pics

It's been a while since I last posted. Gone are the second bass drum, the 16" floor tom, the 12" rack tom and the fourth crash. Here's what's left:

20221118_143644.jpg

Yamaha Stage Custom 22/10/14/18
Ludwig Black Magic 14x5,5
...and you can probably tell that I'm a Paiste guy. ;)

I hesitated before getting the 14" FT because I was afraid it might not be loud or low enough, but it's actually a real improvement over the 16". I could never get the 16" and the 18" to sound good together - either they were too close in pitch or one of them was outside of its tuning range. The 14" and the 18" are a much better match.

It's been a while since I last posted. Gone are the second bass drum, the 16" floor tom, the 12" rack tom and the fourth crash. Here's what's left:

View attachment 127008

Yamaha Stage Custom 22/10/14/18
Ludwig Black Magic 14x5,5
...and you can probably tell that I'm a Paiste guy. ;)

I hesitated before getting the 14" FT because I was afraid it might not be loud or low enough, but it's actually a real improvement over the 16". I could never get the 16" and the 18" to sound good together - either they were too close in pitch or one of them was outside of its tuning range. The 14" and the 18" are a much better match.

I resurrected the 12" rack tom yesterday just to see what it's like...

Drums_12_Bird.jpg

...but I'll probably go back to the 10".

5AFD17C6-BFCE-48D1-B4F9-CCAE5CB059EB.jpeg

Last night with The Whole Hog Big Band in Manchester.

First outing for my new boom stand to get the ride over the bass drum. Happy happy happy 😃

The old Premier kit sounded good despite some odd acoustics - very dead room overall, but the bass drum sounded like Bonham! I had to dial that down a bit; I was scaring the brass section.

:)

View attachment 128256

Last night with The Whole Hog Big Band in Manchester.

First outing for my new boom stand to get the ride over the bass drum. Happy happy happy 😃

The old Premier kit sounded good despite some odd acoustics - very dead room overall, but the bass drum sounded like Bonham! I had to dial that down a bit; I was scaring the brass section.

:)
Nice!! That looks like my regular POV (age included) except the bass player is standing and on the left side. He wants the hi hat in his ears.

This is an older picture, Setup is still the same but I put my ride on the left.

It’s an Tama Starclassic Walnut/Birch in Piano Black:

22/10/12/16 with an Yamaha SD4455

Hardware: All Tama
Cymbal and Snarestand: Roadpro
Pedals: Veloglide and Iron Cobra 900P‘s

As for the cymbals these are only my Practice Cymbals, I’m going to replace them with Istanbul X-Ray Silence one after the other tho, some 14“ X-Ray Silence Hats are on the Way to Germany already.

I have a few more kits this is just my main kit.

Attachments

• 1CAB8293-EEE6-47B9-A250-1FBEA1A1FD12.jpeg
    1CAB8293-EEE6-47B9-A250-1FBEA1A1FD12.jpeg
    671.2 KB · Views: 26
Yamaha Absolute Hybrid Maple 18/12/14/16 with Recording Custom Aluminum Snare

I’ve been on a Paiste kick recently and sold a bunch of my Agops to fund it all. And yes, those are 16” hats!!

View attachment 128498
Oh my, that does look tasty! That stack reminds me of an old stack i had. It was also cracked at the edge and due to the tension one half of the crack pointed upwards, so i put another cymbal on it and it had a great sound! Were Paiste 302's though and not a K and what looks like a Signature haha

Ooh, goody, another thread to post an update to... ;)

driver-seat-1.jpg

I'm usually set up close to a wall at home so it's really tough to get a good driver seat pic.
is that a pearl icon rack?

This is an update on my kit I've put back the Evans heads i had the Remo Ambassador on to try them didnt like them for my style of playing.
Are those the oynx heads? I'm a fan, they are much darker and more 'thumpy' than a standard coated 2 ply but they aren't as quiet and 'clicky' as hydraulics. They break in really nice as well.

Are those the oynx heads? I'm a fan, they are much darker and more 'thumpy' than a standard coated 2 ply but they aren't as quiet and 'clicky' as hydraulics. They break in really nice as well.
Yes they are accept for the 16in flr tom thats a hydraulic there really good heads for my style of playing.

Really digging this Gretsch Renown kit with an 18” kick. 10” Tom, 14” FT and 16” FT
Snare on the kit is the Tama SLP G-Maple 13x7 Tamo Ash

I have a Sonor Benny Greb Brass snare as well but man, I can’t take this SLP snare off.

Feel like my kit has everything I want out of it, minus 2 things: a Pingy Ride cymbal (on Order, kit has 2 rides setup but both are more like crash/rides) and a 20x16 kick as a 2nd kick option.

0CAA5FF6-A23E-420F-B9C0-112DE6F15C4F.jpegD0470E97-EFE9-4AAB-9072-B0AFA42BACC0.jpeg2C6D0FCF-1C04-4758-85D0-8C6C9774D5AE.jpeg

Back