Let's see your POV/ Driver's seat pics

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Diamond Member
On the left is a Zildjian Power Smash with a crash. I’m using the crash now so I’ve put back an old Zildjian clock that quit working. It’s not even a cymbal although it looks like one.
The right is an Oriental Classic China stacked with a K China.

A true trash cymbal stack 😜
View attachment 119398

Ii'll bet that thing KILLS!!!!

iCe

Silver Member
On the left is a Zildjian Power Smash with a crash. I’m using the crash now so I’ve put back an old Zildjian clock that quit working. It’s not even a cymbal although it looks like one.
The right is an Oriental Classic China stacked with a K China.

A true trash cymbal stack 😜
View attachment 119398

Cool, never heard of the Power Smash. Did a quick search and it's more or less a very heavy/thick china, right?
Anyway, cool stacks! Any recording of them? Very curious on how they sound :) (I have a 20" Oriental Classic too which sounds 'meh', so i'd might find inspiration on how to use it haha)

sumdrumguy

Hybrid fun! Preparing for an opening slot for Carole Pope next Fri. Playing a set of 80's UK Pop; Simple Minds, Japan, Depeche Mode, Yazoo, Erasure, Psychedelic Furs, etc.

DS-Kit.jpg

Acoustic snare (Yamaha 14x6.5 RC Brass), kick, and floor tom (Yamaha AHM). Yamaha DT50 triggers on the snare and kick (1/2), 2x Yamaha XP70 pads (3/4), and 2x Roland BT-1 triger bars (5/6).

Ryan Culberson

Did the gig equivalent of the Thunderdome tonight in Paso Robles, CA. People on the CA central coast love them some live music, and the venues over there make it easy for us with very favorable working conditions. Dug this pic so figured I'd share it here. The POV pics are my favorites... I love seeing how everyone sets up their instrument.

61E87BFB-1B05-4C18-A76B-1E83AE3D5990.jpeg

rebonn

A Minimalist Mapex Monster

Cherry Bomb

Complete with my favorite Zildjian Clock cymbal. Higher pitched than my hihats, almost Christmas bell pitch with very little sustain. It’s pretty thick and have no idea what it’s made of.
Great accent cymbal.
9D99F2E6-5287-43D8-9E6F-AF9F7940E800.jpegBF353853-32DF-48C8-88ED-2211A02D8AF6.jpeg

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Diamond Member
summer of 2022 practice set up for the rock kit: nothing special, just cleaned up some placement

IMG_3479.jpg

IMG_3480.jpg

IMG_3478.jpg