Let's see your POV/ Driver's seat pics

Supergrobi

Technical Supervisor
I like everything snuggled in nice and tight.
Wow, looks like some huge toms (they look even bigger in the other thread about practice space) - may I ask what's the sizes?

SomeBadDrummer

Wow, looks like some huge toms (they look even bigger in the other thread about practice space) - may I ask what's the sizes?
12, 13 mounted and 14, 16 floor toms. I found the 16 online about 6 months ago, brand new old stock :) and raised the 14 with a snare stand. The 16 really booms especially with oak 747’s.
This setup also includes 2 side snares and a second hihat because I’m practicing everything left handed but didn’t want to setup the kit that way.

SomeBadDrummer

Thanks! In the other thread they looked much bigger than 12 and 13, but maybe because of the lens or their depth. Nice setup!
Thanks! it might have been ~70% aspect ratio to get everything in the shot they are 90’s Superstars

Quai34

I’m exploring the use of two hi-hats. If I stick with it, I’ll need another sizzle clutch. (Yes, bandmates love the “no ride cymbal” sound).

View attachment 107481
Just received my Pearl RH2050, installed it a bit, I lack an arm and a clamp and I should be good but I have tried it and the lack of lag is really impressive! Very nice set up by the way.

cbphoto

Gold Member
That is a tiny kick alright! I bet it sounds great tho, does it not? I haven't heard a lousy-sounding DW design drum!
It has a short, solid punch for an 18" drum, but nothing compared to 22" or larger.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
I’ve been playing a rehearsal kit with a tiny bass drum, a Pearl maple floating shell snare (that needs repair), and 1960s Zildjian hats that sound great.
How do you like playing the tiny kit?

drumnut87

direct view from my kit on sunday night, not a lot to see............well, there is......depends on what you're looking for/at :p

jaykaydrums_240775288_887578575496729_1141967325938285218_n.jpg

Neal Pert

DW Design Series 13/16/22; N&C 7x14 SS Maple; Mostly Paiste Masters cymbals. Extra do-dads are on there for one song my band is working on; I took the photo so I would remember what stuff I'd used to get the sound I recorded.

DW and Paiste.JPG

cbphoto

Gold Member
How do you like playing the tiny kit?
It’s there for young students (Elementary & middle school) of the guitarist (he teaches music in that space pictured), so it’s gotta be small. The throne is some Gibraltar model stuck at its lowest position, so I bring my own. The 10” Tom sings. The 14” Tom sings but needs new heads, and it doesn’t raise up very high. I barely play the toms in this situation. The kick has no real low end, but serves as a musical note. I suppose I could make it sound better, but it’s not my deal atm. I only mucked with the snare ‘cuz it needed a new batter head badly (I had a slightly used Genera batter). The reso head is torn and the wires are missing strands. The strainer butt is dangling by one mount/screw and the reso side is missing a lug bolt.

The shining star of the kit are those hats. Very chocolatey with a pleasant tone.

I thought that kick was the 16 incher; the 18 kick packs a NICE punch, the 22s are the best ive ever had...i must be lucky...i have spare parts...heads, wires, nuts,bolts,screws,hoops...i have been playing for 45 years so i guess stuff piles up