Let's see your POV/ Driver's seat pics

Here's a "POV" picture of my set at the gig i just played.

2012-07-13%2019.25.47.jpg

and now to bed! :)
/ Oskar

Here's a POV of the DW's I had on a tour in 2007. They were a lot of fun.

Attachments

• tourdubs.jpg
    tourdubs.jpg
    844.1 KB · Views: 2,516
  • tourdubsside.jpg
    tourdubsside.jpg
    907.6 KB · Views: 2,447
At the Hilton in Daytona Beach FL for the Florida Worship Pastor's conference.

Attachments

• 7.1.jpg
    7.1.jpg
    489.1 KB · Views: 2,705
The guy on the phone said: "I'm calling because we need a guy who can play jazz fusion. We're into funk and jazz and rock n roll." OK I naively thought. So I tuned the kit high and prepared a set of jazz cymbals. Arrived early, set up and waited. I knew I was in trouble when the first hairy tattoo covered guy walked in and put in ear plugs and turned up his amp as high as it'd go. Fusion??? Nobody in the band knew who Chick Correa is. I said thanks but I am not right for this band. Anyway here is the kit from that day.

oakthrone.jpg

IMGP2670small.JPG

My Gretsch Catalina Maple kit second generation. Dark Cherry Burst
Toms 8, 10, 12, 14 (I have a 16 inch floor but I don’t use it)
Snare 6x14
Bass 22x18
Wuhan Cymbals (don’t laugh, these are great cymbals)

This kit offers a huge bang for the buck. Great sounding, beautiful, and fun to play. I use Remo Vintage Emps on the toms, an Evans EQ4 on the bass, and the snare is stock heads out of the box but with Puresound Blaster wires.

The guy on the phone said: "I'm calling because we need a guy who can play jazz fusion. We're into funk and jazz and rock n roll." OK I naively thought. So I tuned the kit high and prepared a set of jazz cymbals. Arrived early, set up and waited. I knew I was in trouble when the first hairy tattoo covered guy walked in and put in ear plugs and turned up his amp as high as it'd go. Fusion??? Nobody in the band knew who Chick Correa is. I said thanks but I am not right for this band. Anyway here is the kit from that day.

oakthrone.jpg
That's the way it can go...!
Nice setup, this would be your Sonor amboina snare I guess?

areFish: Your kit has so many awesome things about it. It's dark and mysterious with a bit of flair. If it were a comic book character, it would be Blade. Somewhat more blaxploitationy than the movies.

areFish: Your kit has so many awesome things about it. It's dark and mysterious with a bit of flair. If it were a comic book character, it would be Blade. Somewhat more blaxploitationy than the movies.
One of the coolest pieces of feedback I've ever gotten. Thank you Nick!

It's finally here!

Here is my POV with my new Crush Acrylic 6 pc. With my set of 9 Saluda Earthworks cymbals.

Attachments

• tn3.jpg
    tn3.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 2,118
Back