Let's see your POV/ Driver's seat pics

It’s been awhile - feels good to post a pic in this thread again. From a patio gig a couple of weeks before Christmas.

@roncadillac, this rig is my equivalent to you switching up the height and tilt of your ride cymbal. When I get to play this (my ‘full’ rig), it gives me that same “switch things up” vibe. Weird, because the 3-piece core is still in there, albeit with larger sizes.

Since that gig, I’ve replaced those EC2 tom heads with UV2s. Next head change I think I’m gonna swing back over to coated Ambs top and bottom. I’m getting the itch for that Ambassador twang again. :rolleyes:

IMG_3277.jpeg

Cool and very different setup positioning cymbals in between and on top of drums.
The head on that Tom looks like the surface of the moon.
yeah its a rehearsal room kit, gets beat up on a daily basis, surprised those heads have lasted this long tbf with the amount of people using them.

yeah the ride cymbal and the bell cymbal on top of it are jsut above the floor tom, so they dont clatter on the rim or head but nor are they too high up. my own setup is a totally different position again, i just set them up like this in the rehearsal space as the seat is permanantly fixed in one position due to mis-use/overtightening of the bolt in it.

Current driver’s seat pic. It’s 4:00 a.m. California time and the insomnia is strong in this one. :rolleyes: This little practice rig has been a lifesaver. Mrs. and Abby the cat are fast asleep in the other room while I’m having a go.

IMG_3530.jpeg

Doing some cleaning and rearranging of my house in anticipation of the upcoming baby so today I had the chance to tidy up my ekit that I keep at home for solo rehearsal and occasional recording experiments. Don't mind the dust on the cymbal rubber, it's impossible to keep clean.

IMG_20240218_145743960.jpg

This is kind of a low-flying POV pic, but I wanted to capture the setting because it was such a beautiful place. Probably my favorite gear picture I've taken. This was back in October of last year at a horse ranch in Woodlake, CA (east of Visalia in the foothills).

Thank goodness I got this picture, because the gig itself was not one of the greatest. Singer got sick and was compromised the entire time and I stepped in a massive 🦮:poop: landmine!! Actually had to play the bass drum pedal in my sock only during the gig, because I couldn't get it all cleaned off my shoe. :ROFLMAO:o_O

IMG_3130.jpeg

This is kind of a low-flying POV pic, but I wanted to capture the setting because it was such a beautiful place. Probably my favorite gear picture I've taken. This was back in October of last year at a horse ranch in Woodlake, CA (east of Visalia in the foothills).

Thank goodness I got this picture, because the gig itself was not one of the greatest. Singer got sick and was compromised the entire time and I stepped in a massive 🦮:poop: landmine!! Actually had to play the bass drum pedal in my sock only during the gig, because I couldn't get it all cleaned off my shoe. :ROFLMAO:o_O

View attachment 143863
I don't know if I ever asked before, what is that throne? Is it as comfy as it looks or do the springs get annoying? I tend to wobble and sway when I play so I don't know if that would help me but I like the idea.

Last edited:
  • Like!!
Reactions: RVC
I don't know if I ever asked before, what is that throne? Is it as comfy as it looks or do the springs get annoying? I tend to wobble and away when I play so I don't know if that would help me but I like the idea.
It’s a Motion Pro, made by a chiropractor out of the Bay Area. It’s my MVP piece of equipment. I could do my thing on any drums, cymbals and hardware but I couldn’t do without the Motion Pro. I have two of them.

The springs allow for pitch and yaw, so your wobbling and swaying would be completely supported. The independent butt cheek suspension also helps. If you move to the right to really lean into your right side cymbal, for example, the right side of the throne will go with you ever so slightly while the left side stays solid, or vice versa.

The springs don’t bounce, per se. They’re super heavy duty and more gently move with me as I’m fumbling around on the throne. Before the Motion Pro, my back would be hurting before the first set was done. Now I can do 4 set gigs no problem.

To be fair, that was all when I weighed 275lbs. Now that I’ve lost all that weight, it may not be as much of an issue were I to use a different throne, but I’ll never find out, as the Motion Pros will be with me for the rest of my playing days.

Last edited:
It’s a Motion Pro, made by a chiropractor out of the Bay Area. It’s my MVP piece of equipment. I could do my thing on any drums, cymbals and hardware but I couldn’t do without the Motion Pro. I have two of them.

The springs allow for pitch and yaw, so your wobbling and swaying would be completely supported. The independent butt cheek suspension also helps. If you move to the right to really lean into your right side cymbal, for example, the right side of the throne will go with you ever so slightly while the left side stays solid, or vice versa.

The springs don’t bounce, per se. They’re super heavy duty and more gently move with me as I’m fumbling around on the throne. Before the Motion Pro, my back would be hurting before the first set was done. Now I can do 4 set gigs no problem.

To be fair, that was all when I weighed 275lbs. Now that I’ve lost all that weight, it may not be as much of an issue were I to use a different throne, but I’ll never find out, as the Motion Pros will be with me for the rest of my playing days.
I definitely will be looking into one of these. Thank you!

• Like!!
Reactions: RVC
Here’s another shot from the gig in San Luis Obispo (SLO) last night. This was about an hour before downbeat. The place didn’t really fill up - there were maybe 50 people in total, but about 15 regulars of ours made the two and a half hour drive from Bakersfield to spend the evening with us. The venue was pretty pleased with that. 🙏 (y)

IMG_3653.jpeg

Last edited:
Back